Join me in the spirit realm.

Whilst delving at the bottom of the freezer for some sloes to make some sloe gin, I came across a bag of cherries I froze in the summer. Looking for some recipes I think I'll try one of these, and with the leftover stones, some Kirsch. Doesn't look exactly tasking. :)

Whilst delving at the bottom of the freezer for some sloes to make some sloe gin, I came across a bag of cherries I froze in the summer. Looking for some recipes I think I'll try one of these, and with the leftover stones, some Kirsch. Doesn't look exactly tasking. :)

Excellent mate, try not to macerate too hard, you'll wear yourself out.

Was driving a few Eastern Europeans to the Airport the last day and when they got off they gave me this. They said it's from Romania. Cap was fixed on cracked it open and its spirit of some sorts, some sort of pale whiskey if I was to guess. Anyone speak Romanian?.

reszi2.pngreszi3.jpg

Or turpentine?.

Some samples from my travels. This is a very sweet but quite delicious hazelnut liqueur from Germany:

20221124_090841.webp

Lovely after dinner treat.

Then we found an ace back street cocktail bar last night called Mentors run by a couple of Albanian lads who know their mixology and their togger. Been invited to watch FC Drita if we're ever in Kosovo:

Anyways, they did a perfect dry martini for herself and a wicked Old Fashioned for me. Ended the night with a double slug of Ron Zacapa XO which was splendid indeed.

Four quid for a Bushmills yesterday. Admittedly, it's a while since last I bought one in a pub, but thought that it was a bit steep. Probably my inner stinginess manifesting itself once more.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back