Join me in the spirit realm.

….unlike Mrs Eggs, I’m not the biggest gin fan but this was our ‘all inclusive’ gin list from our recent holiday hotel;

IMG_5506.webp

Anyway, the head barman buys the booze for the hotel chain and gin is his thing. He said Tanq10 is the only gin in San Francisco’s Spirit Hall of Fame, it’s widely acknowledged as the best there is but he reckons German gin is now world renowned (‘it’s all about the botanicals” he keeps saying).

More specifically, Monkey47 and Elephant gin are very good. In the interest of research and as €24 a glass was on my all inclusive, I had to have a few. Monkey47 is very nice, as is Elephant (I think it’s only sold in small bottles). My slight preference was for Roku from Japan, served with fresh ginger garnish. Mrs Eggs likes The Botanist (Scotland) and she certainly shifted enough to come to that conclusion.

You shouldn’t feel bad about drinking gin, apparently it’s good for you. ‘It’s all about the botanicals’ says George. I need to find a hotel that’s as serious about its rum.

Last edited:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back