Join me in the spirit realm.

Learned this from a fella on the watch forum I frequent. Haven't tried it but sounds both interesting and refreshing.

A summery drink called the Chestnut Cup:

In a shaking tin with ice (per drink):
1 oz gin
1 oz Campari
1 oz fresh lime juice
3/4 oz orgeat
Shake for 20 seconds and pour over a glass with crushed ice.
What's orgeat ?

What's orgeat ?
It's like an almond syrup. I actually just made this drink right now as a tester for our beach-vacation coming up this week. I couldn't find orgeat at our local store, so I substituted Disarono (almond-flavored liquor) after googling what to substitute for it. It's quite a nice drink...has a bite to it due to the Campari, but the almond-flavor rounds it out. The Disarono adds more alcohol (in addition to the gin and Campari) so it is a strong drink!

It's like an almond syrup. I actually just made this drink right now as a tester for our beach-vacation coming up this week. I couldn't find orgeat at our local store, so I substituted Disarono (almond-flavored liquor) after googling what to substitute for it. It's quite a nice drink...has a bite to it due to the Campari, but the almond-flavor rounds it out. The Disarono adds more alcohol (in addition to the gin and Campari) so it is a strong drink!
Well I did ask ! Cheers. :)

Got some Kraken spiced rum gifted to me the other week, I usually quite like Kraken (w Pepsi max & lime) only this bottle is a coffee variant and barring mixing it in coffee or with milk in a White Russian kind of thing, struggling to get through it ☹️

Since it's summer, I'll repeat this banger.

1 oz (+) good tequila blanco (El Tesoro, Tequila Ocho, Siete Leguas etc..Patron, at a push)
Fever tree pink grapefruit.
Best Paloma out there, the Fever tree makes it.
While you're at it, grab a Mediterranean style pizza to compliment the flavour bomb.
Thank me later.

slainte.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back