Join me in the spirit realm.

Treated myself over the weekend to this little beauty from the Cotswold Distillery

Limited edition single Bourbon cask - first fill. Marvellous neat or over ice with White grape & apricot soda.

View attachment 262849

Possibly I'm misreading you as I had a crap sleep last night but a bourbon can only legally be called a bourbon if it's made in the US. Same a scotch can only come from Scotland. If you mean it was aged in a bourbon barrel then all's fair in love and whisky.

Possibly I'm misreading you as I had a crap sleep last night but a bourbon can only legally be called a bourbon if it's made in the US. Same a scotch can only come from Scotland. If you mean it was aged in a bourbon barrel then all's fair in love and whisky.
You’ll find that a lot of the single malts are casked in white oak ex bourbon barrels that they ship over from Kentucky.

Bourbon usually ages in barrels for 1-2 years then they bottle it and sell on the barrels to the whisky producers in the UK.

The Whisky producers then store their whisky in these barrels from between 5-18 years. Overtime the barrels impart flavour, aromas and colour into the aging whisky.

It’s really a science. They do similar with ex Port and sherry barrels

You’ll find that a lot of the single malts are casked in white oak ex bourbon barrels that they ship over from Kentucky.

Bourbon usually ages in barrels for 1-2 years then they bottle it and sell on the barrels to the whisky producers in the UK.

The Whisky producers then store their whisky in these barrels from between 5-18 years. Overtime the barrels impart flavour, aromas and colour into the aging whisky.

It’s really a science. They do similar with ex Port and sherry barrels

No, I get it...I thought you were referring to what you posted as a bourbon, which it's legally not. I just misunderstood your post (now that I've woken up)

I bought some elderflower gin from them, mainly because I like elderflower. Very nice it was, but not cheap.
They only started the gin business to give the whisky time to mature. However they do sell a lot of it and it’s won loads of awards. But yes it’s not cheap!

I was at the Distillery yesterday and the Gin was flying off the shelves. They do a wildflower gin which is ace.

They only started the gin business to give the whisky time to mature. However they do sell a lot of it and it’s won loads of awards. But yes it’s not cheap!

I was at the Distillery yesterday and the Gin was flying off the shelves. They do a wildflower gin which is ace.
I bought some of the miniature bottles of their flowery gins for a birthday present for my gin snob brother. :lol:

I was given this as a thank you from a friend for a favour done. As an agnostic it's the equivalent of drinking holy water.

2802.jpg

Lads, just a reminder; malts, blends, bourbons et al, in here if you would:

Lads, just a reminder; malts, blends, bourbons et al, in here if you would:

No blends in the single malt thread!!

*pickets*

I'll confess a slight disappointment in the ED 15 year old.

20240713_183157.webp

It's a little harsh with a slightly briney nose and taste, bit heavier on the ol' esters. To be fair, it's a complex rum with tobacco, vanilla and creme brulee coming through, just not really my taste, particularly as the 12yo is so fly.

I'll confess a slight disappointment in the ED 15 year old.

View attachment 264492

It's a little harsh with a slightly briney nose and taste, bit heavier on the ol' esters. To be fair, it's a complex rum with tobacco, vanilla and creme brulee coming through, just not really my taste, particularly as the 12yo is so fly.

Just goes to show, age is just a number. I've 10 had y/o scotches that crap all over 20 y/o's....age is no sign of quality, no matter how much they charge.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back