Join me in the spirit realm.

Had my second tasting of my sloe gin, damson gin and quince brandy. Now very happy, the damson gin is particular, is nectar in a glass.

Gin makes me sad. I know that's a common complaint but i was shedding tears on gin long before i knew it's reputation so it can't be psychosymatic.

Love my single malts. Love a really good brandy. Rum is tasty and lots of fun although i usually enjoy it cocktail based.

Vodka is the desert island spirit simply because it goes with everything. That's providing the desert island has a full selection of mixers.

I drank a tea based spirit quite a lot at one of my local pubs when i lived in Bristol. It came in either 40,50 or 60 percent proof. I stopped drinking the 60% when i couldn't even remember what i should be feeling ashamed about the following day.

I love tequila. One lime wedge squeezed into the shot and then another traditionally sucked on after pouring 25ml of basic petrol down your throat. The real trick of tequila is not to taste it and just get it down your neck as quickly as possible and then savour its loopy effects.

South Tyroleans do make some excellent stuff. Next time you are down there look for some Gravenstein (distilled from a particular type of apple) or some stuff from stone pine cones (Zirben or Zirbeler). Hazelnut schnaps is not bad either, as long as you get a non-sweet one.
Have tried the hazelnuts schnapps - much prefer fruitier ones personally, but hey you can't beat schnapps ;)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back