Join me in the spirit realm.

Which is best ?
Spiced rums tend to be much sweeter, sometimes sickeningly so. In fact quite a few are actually liqueurs, but people like em so hey.
White rums are generally only good for putting in coke. Dark or golden rums are mixers or 'sipping' depending on the quality. In the £20 - £30 range, Plantation are good, the Mount Gay Black Barrel I'm on at the moment I'd reccomend. Flor de Cana, Angostoura 7 year old are good. A lot of people are raving about Don Papa from the Philippines but I've not tried it yet. If you wanted to push the £40 - £50 mark, Diplomatico and Ron Zacapa are fine examples. Try a snifter in a pub.
I'd swerve Havana Club, Captain Morgan and Sailor Jerry meself .

Spiced rums tend to be much sweeter, sometimes sickeningly so. In fact quite a few are actually liqueurs, but people like em so hey.
White rums are generally only good for putting in coke. Dark or golden rums are mixers or 'sipping' depending on the quality. In the £20 - £30 range, Plantation are good, the Mount Gay Black Barrel I'm on at the moment I'd reccomend. Flor de Cana, Angostoura 7 year old are good. A lot of people are raving about Don Papa from the Philippines but I've not tried it yet. If you wanted to push the £40 - £50 mark, Diplomatico and Ron Zacapa are fine examples. Try a snifter in a pub.
Thanks, that's a birthday present sorted. :)

Thanks, that's a birthday present sorted. :)
Glad to be of service fella.

Well, if someone else is footing the bill ;)... this:

rum_zac8.jpg

Or this:

IMG_1452.JPG

Glad to be of service fella.

Well, if someone else is footing the bill ;)... this:

View attachment 61880

Or this:

View attachment 61881
Stingebag is what my relatives are still working towards, so doubtful if I'll get any of those. :( I'll do some further research and let you know how the cheapskates get on.

What a brainstorming session that was. From B&M - £9.99 :

350677-brambles-cherry-bakewell-gin-liqueur.jpg

350675-brambles-lemon-drizzle-gin-liqueur.jpg

350679-brambles-battenberg-gin-liqueur.jpg

Not really a r
Not really a rum drinker myself, however whist on holiday in Dominican Republic I decided to indulge in the local tipple.

So I asked around a bit and found a good local bar with a fine selection of local rums and so began my education.

After sampling many a decent rum I settled on a Brugal 1888 gran reserve and my favourite was Cubaney 25 year old, which was like nectar.

Im deffo a convert to Rum now.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back