Joleon Lescott

Sell Lescott?

• Yes, for £18m to £20m - with all money being given to Moyes to spend

Votes: 116 45.0%
  • No way - we must keep him at the club.

Votes: 142 55.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else starting to get an irrational hate for Joleon? I know its not his fault another club is after him and is bidding for him, but in my head, it kinda is. And I cant read his mind but he's probably loving the idea of going to city and getting silly money per week and I dont want a player who would think anything else other than staying with us. 20m and bibi douchbag.

Hopefully you're wrong. If I come back on here later tonight and find out we've lost Lescott after losing out on Naughton also I'll be thoroughly pissed off. :@

If Moyes clears £20m cash for him, it will be a pretty exciting time in the market, though. Every cloud and all that ...

Is anyone else starting to get an irrational hate for Joleon? I know its not his fault another club is after him and is bidding for him, but in my head, it kinda is. And I cant read his mind but he's probably loving the idea of going to city and getting silly money per week and I dont want a player who would think anything else other than staying with us. 20m and bibi douchbag.

Can't blame the guy for at least thinking about a move to a club who are willing to offer him double money. I just hope he has enough character to realise how good it is at Everton and that he doesn't need the extra cash. He would gain a lot of respect from all over if he flat out said "I'm happy where I am thank you."

tell them we have a figure in mind and they have 3 chances, if none exceed our valuation then jog on.

1st was 15
2nd maybe 20 ?

my guess is if they reall really want him theyll up it to 30 cos they can pay 100 if they want to.

straight in for cana and the mout.

We do not want any city players as part of the deal, if they are not good enough for Hughes they are not good enough for us.

We want just money. If Hughes sees Lescott as the perfect partner for Terry then they can give us the same, that is 30 mill not a penny less. Mind pur board as soon as they see 20/25 mill will be pissing in their pants.

I cannot believe that so many of you would settle for 18/20 mill, are you f*****g mad? Lescott is worth a hell of a lot more than that.

tell them we have a figure in mind and they have 3 chances, if none exceed our valuation then jog on.

1st was 15
2nd maybe 20 ?

my guess is if they reall really want him theyll up it to 30 cos they can pay 100 if they want to.

straight in for cana and the mout.

I like this idea. Turn the negotiations into some sort of Holy Grail-esque scenario. :lol:

Guess next offer will be just above £20M for him.. and that's not even close to what he's worth in todays inflated market. With the prizes being thrown around for players this summer and what good defenders have gone for before.. I think anything less than £30M is an insult really.

If they think it's too much, they can always go for another defender. And those of you that think that there are other defenders out there that's just as good (or almost) for less money.... why then would ManC splash out so much for Lescott? It's not like he's famous around the world, it's because they think he is that much better than the alternatives.

Guess next offer will be just above £20M for him.. and that's not even close to what he's worth in todays inflated market. With the prizes being thrown around for players this summer and what good defenders have gone for before.. I think anything less than £30M is an insult really.

If they think it's too much, they can always go for another defender. And those of you that think that there are other defenders out there that's just as good (or almost) for less money.... why then would ManC splash out so much for Lescott? It's not like he's famous around the world, it's because they think he is that much better than the alternatives.

I think there are plenty of alternatives out there as good if not better than Lescott.

Its just that there a 90% chance of bagging Lescott than most of the others.

And those of you that think that there are other defenders out there that's just as good (or almost) for less money.... why then would ManC splash out so much for Lescott? It's not like he's famous around the world, it's because they think he is that much better than the alternatives.

Perhaps lack of imagination on Hughes' part, or a desperate attempt at bringing someone in that can at least do the business? Lescott is good, but please let's not make him into something he isn't. As far as City are concerned, he's a transition player. Do people really believe that if City turn into a world-class force that Joleon will be playing every week?

Perhaps lack of imagination on Hughes' part, or a desperate attempt at bringing someone in that can at least do the business? Lescott is good, but please let's not make him into something he isn't. As far as City are concerned, he's a transition player. Do people really believe that if City turn into a world-class force that Joleon will be playing every week?

No, but if you've got a list of the top 7 or 8 defenders in the premiership then narrow it down to who could be bought - Lescott will be top of that list. They've already had a punt on Terry, but like most of Citeh's targets they always seem to go for the big fish, get knocked back, then got for the next on the list - and pay £10million more than usual.

They have to do more than just buy Lescott to make that defence water tight. Then they have to hope that who they buy can gel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back