Joleon Lescott

Sell Lescott?

• Yes, for £18m to £20m - with all money being given to Moyes to spend

Votes: 116 45.0%
  • No way - we must keep him at the club.

Votes: 142 55.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this idea. Turn the negotiations into some sort of Holy Grail-esque scenario. :lol:

they have unlimited funds, they want the lad so table an offer we cant refuse, i say 27/ 30 would get him and tbh we could do a lot with that.
btw has there been any comment from joleon ? he hasnt said, "do one hughsie" so in my mind he wants to go, none of us really want to see him leave but as he hasnt said that, then it's a case of what we can prise out of the arabs......they could build us a stadium basically if they felt like it.

btw, i still reckon john 'self styled mr england and all round good egg' terry will go there as well.

my mate in spain said that his local paper "el futball tribal" is running a feature on joleon, saying that guardiola says he's brilliant and fancies taking him over to the camp nou, they reckon a bid will be lodged before citeh get him, a bid that will make bill take a deep breath.

Too true on that Stu.

The club and Moyes have both said no one is leaving and Lescott is not for sale. We undervalue our players.

So if we do end up selling Lescott, what about Moyes? He will have had the core of the team he has been building ripped apart. Could this possibly be Moyes saying stuff this and resigning?

what % ?

just a thought,what would we have to pay wolves to clear £20M ...
what % is the sell on ?

Waiting for an age for Breaking News on the OS then when it finally came up, it had news of Everton rejecting Man City's bid for Lescott. To say i was upset is an understatement. Sign somedody ffs.

Wolves will be due a seven-figure windfall if Joleon Lescott’s £15m-plus transfer to Manchester City goes through.
The club have confirmed a sell-on clause of at least 10 per cent – and possibly 15 per cent – of any profit Everton make on the £5m they paid for the England international three years ago.
That means Wolves would receive a minimum of £1m if the deal goes through. But the figure could be much more.
Wolves to earn Lescott bonus : Express & Star

Wolves will be due a seven-figure windfall if Joleon Lescott’s £15m-plus transfer to Manchester City goes through.
The club have confirmed a sell-on clause of at least 10 per cent – and possibly 15 per cent – of any profit Everton make on the £5m they paid for the England international three years ago.
That means Wolves would receive a minimum of £1m if the deal goes through. But the figure could be much more.
Wolves to earn Lescott bonus : Express & Star

How does the sell on clause become "possibly" 15%?

Not for sale.

From 606, he makes some good points I feel :

We all want Moyes to carry on finding his "bargains" but you have to replace quality with quality and there are few defenders who are as good as Lescott in 1 position and none I can think as good at both.

Everton have only sold 1 player that wasn't replaced by a better player and that was Rooney. Beatie was essentialy replaced by AJ, AJ was essentaly replaced y YakubuValente by Baines,Gravesson by Arteta, and so on. To do the same with Lescott you're looking at Ferdinnnand or Terry AND Bridge or Cole; or their equivilants from another country, but then you have t o know if they can adapt to the PL quickly enough.

£15m is useless too Everton for Lescott, especially with Jagielka out untill November at least, and Yobo of to the African cup of nations in Jan. Even £20m is no good. Unless it's £20mand a player or 2 that we need for other positions, then Moyes could add the money he was saving for, say a striker if Jo was a part of the deal, to the cash part of the transfer and get 2 "world class" defenders

Not for sale.

From 606, he makes some good points I feel :

We all want Moyes to carry on finding his "bargains" but you have to replace quality with quality and there are few defenders who are as good as Lescott in 1 position and none I can think as good at both.

Everton have only sold 1 player that wasn't replaced by a better player and that was Rooney. Beatie was essentialy replaced by AJ, AJ was essentaly replaced y YakubuValente by Baines,Gravesson by Arteta, and so on. To do the same with Lescott you're looking at Ferdinnnand or Terry AND Bridge or Cole; or their equivilants from another country, but then you have t o know if they can adapt to the PL quickly enough.

£15m is useless too Everton for Lescott, especially with Jagielka out untill November at least, and Yobo of to the African cup of nations in Jan. Even £20m is no good. Unless it's £20mand a player or 2 that we need for other positions, then Moyes could add the money he was saving for, say a striker if Jo was a part of the deal, to the cash part of the transfer and get 2 "world class" defenders

Its what we've been banging on about for ages.

Its going to be up to Lescott to go up to Moyes and say "I'd like to move on".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back