Joleon Lescott

Sell Lescott?

• Yes, for £18m to £20m - with all money being given to Moyes to spend

Votes: 116 45.0%
  • No way - we must keep him at the club.

Votes: 142 55.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
18-20m - Bite. Hand. Off.

We will just pick up the next Lescott for a couple of Mil.

Hopefully.

City obviously have an open cheque book for a quick attempt to mix it with the top 4 and compete for the premiership title, they are part responsible for the present hike in salaries and transfer fees. If Lescott force’s Moyes hand then we should cream them for 25M minimum. Other clubs will try and do the same to us, we need a good margin on Lescott’s fee.

Key factor here is having to buy two players to replace him, a centre half of decent class to rival Jagielka/Yobo and a left back to cover Baines.

Everyone has their price though.

Im going to end up really hating City, money corrupts and turns fans into massive bellends.

Love you Bill x

£30 million lowest we should go if we do sell. I'd rather we didn't though. Not just because Lescott is great, but also to avoid strengthening a rival, and avoid being a 'selling club'.

Key factor here is having to buy two players to replace him, a centre half of decent class to rival Jagielka/Yobo and a left back to cover Baines.

Everyone has their price though.

Im going to end up really hating City, money corrupts and turns fans into massive bellends.

Love you Bill x

Chico in sensible post shocker.

I post loads of boss stuff.

I liked it mate, it stood out. Everybody is like, great we get £xxm, we can spend that well. But they all fail to realise that before we do ANYTHING with the money, we have to replace Lescott, which is not going to be easy. Your looking at spending any price we get for on an inferior 2 player replacement.

The market is over-inflated, everybody will know how much we have to spend and this will bump the price up even more.

Stay strong Moyes. Lescott hasnt come out and said he wants to move, even after the City bid. So jib them trampy mancs off all day long. Think twice when they get past £40m.

Another thing to think of also is the rivalry.

The top 4 teams very rarely, if ever, sell players to each other because - what's the point in selling a player to a rival and help them?

Everyone (mainly the press and fans themselves) are always preocupied with "beating the top 4" when in fact you've got to look at where you are and who are threatening your position. If you split it up into different leagues our rivals in our mini league would be - Villa, Spurs, Citeh.

So selling Lescott doenst also create problems in our own transfer targets and team, but we're also giving one of our main rivals and massive boost to finish above us in the league.

Yes, Citeh gave us Jo, but Jo will never play a game a Citeh and would be at another club. They're also wanting Lescott so more fool them for sending him our way.

Its like Villa selling Ashley Young to Citeh, or Modric to us - key players going to help your closest rivals isnt a good step to make. So £20million and Lescott goes the other way ends up with Citeh finishing above us or at a push beating us in a semi final of a cup is going to be a done transfer isnt it?

I know its all part of fusballpolitik but Lescott could end this by saying he was happy at Everton.

The listens-to-his-agent-and-keeps-schtum prick.

I well prefer Yobo anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back