2021/22 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just watched the highlights back, I was disappointed in the result but it was a game were the margin between winning and losing was very small. Had Iwobi made contact and we went 1-0 up it was a different game, same goes for Rondon’s glan header. Pickford has no excuses in regard to the corner, he was very timid in his attempt to get the ball.
Bad result but not terrible.

Just watched the highlights back, I was disappointed in the result but it was a game were the margin between winning and losing was very small. Had Iwobi made contact and we went 1-0 up it was a different game, same goes for Rondon’s glan header. Pickford has no excuses in regard to the corner, he was very timid in his attempt to get the ball.
Bad result but not terrible.
Yeah, people are desperate to make out we got blitzed, when in reality is was a fine line, West Ham will look at that as a hugh win in a game they easily could of lost, if they make Europe by one point they will look back on this one.

With the possible exception of Iwobi we cant really pin the loss on any individual, certainly not Pickford when the real issues were down the other end

Seen evidence that he didn't pay attention to the instructions given to him by the coaching staff.

Screenshot_20211018-204825_Gallery.jpg

The corner resulting in a goal was conceeded because Pickford is too small to command his area properly.

Where is the protection from his defenders??

RB's theory of the 6 yard area being exclusively to protect the keeper is worrying if it continues. WHU got in his face every time the ball went in there.

Pickford was excellent baring 1 mistake, I think it's more down to extremely poor back 4 , even mina isn't commanding enough...they aren't protecting him.

Status
Not open for further replies.