2021/22 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pickford was excellent baring 1 mistake, I think it's more down to extremely poor back 4 , even mina isn't commanding enough...they aren't protecting him.
Disagree

he started sloppily, his distribution for the first 20 mins was poor and he looked off his top game overall to me.

He might not be Neville Southall incarnate (for me only Peter Schmeichel was better) but “Struggles to do the basics”? .Wow, that sentence is frankly, laughable.
His positioning can be poor
His awareness
Rarely catches a ball
All basic stuff

I think as a shot stopper he is very good
But unfortunately not doing the basics puts him into the decent category

why would you compare him with Southall

His positioning can be poor
His awareness
Rarely catches a ball
All basic stuff

I think as a shot stopper he is very good
But unfortunately not doing the basics puts him into the decent category

why would you compare him with Southall
Premier League, professional for many years. I'd bet a bob or two he knows a bit more about positioning etc than you ever will.

Premier League, professional for many years. I'd bet a bob or two he knows a bit more about positioning etc than you ever will.
See the cross in the first half he could have caught but instead done a pure volleyball dive and punch. His starting position is poor, he rarely looks like he knows where about he is in his goal, hence the telly saves/dives when shots are going 10ft wide (so positioning), and he doesn’t command his area at all. He’s a bang average keeper, nothing more.

Thank you for your really weird response. Take care.
It's a completely legitimate response.

According to your line of thinking we can't pass comment on anything to do with football as we are not as good as professional players and "never will be".

Does that relate to everything else in life? Do you have to like everything you eat in a restaurant because a chef cooked it for example?

It's football, it's not some secret mystical art.

What happened on Sunday is almost always given as a free kick. But the fact it wasn't doesn't excuse the terrible defending from the corner. To be honest, I would be happy enough if they didn't call those as free kicks. It's just the inconsistency that is annoying.

When that is his full time job, which he earns a massive wage from - i would expect him to know more than me

sadly what he should know, he doesn’t put into practice

Anyway, Pickford made some great saves yesterday, even though the whole game was a horror show and I've lost track of how many Watford scored, I didn't think he was at fault at all, one of the few who was ok, so fair play.

Status
Not open for further replies.