2022/23 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
So week before the United game the papers yet again pull a rumour out linking one of our best players to them, used to be a routine tactic by them during Moyes time doing that, nice to see it's back...

I'm over simplifying but he was good when we got him, bad after the derby when he pushed it onto Origi's head and good since we walloped them 2-0 at Mordor.

No reason he can't be consistently good going forwards.
Spot on, that error played a huge part in his confidence and was making errors and being to arrogant. That game as you said we won 2-0 he made some great saves including that volley from Henderson. That was almost redemption and from then on he has been great. Still makes the odd error but so does every keeper and every outfield player. I’ve been one of his biggest critic and at times wanted him gone. But I’m mad enough to admit he proved me wrong and I’m confident to say, we will have one of the best keepers in the league for next 5 years. Unless a stupid offer comes in for him.

He’s been top quality for a long time now. Looks mature and being given the arm band would indicate that he has grown as a player and as a human.

Wouldn’t swap him for anyone else in the league atm to be honest.

Not saying he’s the best in the league… but I can’t think of anyone I’d rather have tbh

I'm over simplifying but he was good when we got him, bad after the derby when he pushed it onto Origi's head and good since we walloped them 2-0 at Mordor.

No reason he can't be consistently good going forwards.
Pretty much this. Although I would say it was the Newcastle game later that season when we let a 2-0 lead slip that was the catalyst to his drop in form. And his turnaround came after his "back injury" break in the 20/21 season. I reckon Carlo took him out of the front line and had a sports psychologist work on him and it did the trick. I've no doubt that the main cause of his erratic form during the mid period of his Everton career was down to mental issues rather than ability. He's now playing better than ever and, at 28, is coming into his prime. I really believe he is now one of the best keepers in the league.

Pretty much this. Although I would say it was the Newcastle game later that season when we let a 2-0 lead slip that was the catalyst to his drop in form. And his turnaround came after his "back injury" break in the 20/21 season. I reckon Carlo took him out of the front line and had a sports psychologist work on him and it did the trick. I've no doubt that the main cause of his erratic form during the mid period of his Everton career was down to mental issues rather than ability. He's now playing better than ever and, at 28, is coming into his prime. I really believe he is now one of the best keepers in the league.
Yes, you could be right. I just like the symmetry of the two Liverpool games as bookmarks for changes in form.

Needs a 5-year connie being slapped on the table and getting signed asap. Once he single-handedly wins England the World Cup, his price will go through the roof if he's on a long-term deal.

So week before the United game the papers yet again pull a rumour out linking one of our best players to them, used to be a routine tactic by them during Moyes time doing that, nice to see it's back...

I think United are genuinely interested in him, and I expect the links to continue into the January transfer window. We will see the media ridiculously undervalue him though. He will be described as £30 million rated Pickford, but I don’t think we would sell him for double that.

I don’t think we should sell him at all, but if we do then it has to be for 70-80 million.

I think United are genuinely interested in him, and I expect the links to continue into the January transfer window. We will see the media ridiculously undervalue him though. He will be described as £30 million rated Pickford, but I don’t think we would sell him for double that.

I don’t think we should sell him at all, but if we do then it has to be for 70-80 million.

I bet hey are not

Top player at Everton and the press are always trying to sell them to one of the media darling clubs.

This is only come about now his form is very good, wasn’t that long ago they were questioning whether he should retain his England jersey.

I bet hey are not

Top player at Everton and the press are always trying to sell them to one of the media darling clubs.

This is only come about now his form is very good, wasn’t that long ago they were questioning whether he should retain his England jersey.

De Gea is no longer highly rated. United are looking to get rid of him and his insane salary. Their list of potential replacements isn’t going to be very long.

I’m confident that Pickford will be pretty high up on that list, with ETH rating Pickford’s passing abilities. I’m not confident that United will pay the money that Everton would demand.

De Gea is no longer highly rated. United are looking to get rid of him and his insane salary. Their list of potential replacements isn’t going to be very long.

I’m confident that Pickford will be pretty high up on that list, with ETH rating Pickford’s passing abilities. I’m not confident that United will pay the money that Everton would demand.

I guess they have no faith in Dean Henderson then.

Status
Not open for further replies.