Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really annoyed at Gary Lineker.

On his podcast The Rest is Football he waxes lyrical about the penalty takers (which is fair enough, especially Saka) ) but not a single sodding mention of Jordan’s important save that reduced pressure on our players and increased it for theirs and was the ultimate difference between the two sides.
20231112_185742.webp

In many ways the underestimation of Pickford serves us well. We know what he’s done these past seasons and what he can continue to do for us. If others don’t who cares, it means we can keep him longer. Sadly there are now very few players we can sign when young who go on to get 60 plus caps for England without us losing them to a big money transfer.

On his podcast The Rest is Football he waxes lyrical about the penalty takers (which is fair enough, especially Saka) ) but not a single sodding mention of Jordan’s important save that reduced pressure on our players and increased it for theirs and was the ultimate difference between the two sides.
I love Pickford as much as the next person, but out of all his England penalty saves, that was the easiest, and I'd expect most professional goalkeepers to save it.

He's been the most consistent performer for Everton and England for years. He's heads and shoulders above everyone, the effect he's had on both squads.

Shall we not be bed wetters here. The penalty he saved was weak. He saved it but he doesn’t need to be praised to hilt for it

Shall we not be bed wetters here. The penalty he saved was weak. He saved it but he doesn’t need to be praised to hilt for it
I wasn’t complaining that he wasn’t praised to the hilt - Lineker didn’t even mention him all!

For an entire 30 minute podcast.

Whilst praising the penalty takers to the hilt.

The penalty he saved was weak but he still went exactly the right way and saved it and it was the ultimate difference between the two teams.

I wasn’t complaining that he wasn’t praised to the hilt - Lineker didn’t even mention him all!

For an entire 30 minute podcast.

Whilst praising the penalty takers to the hilt.

The penalty he saved was weak but he still went exactly the right way and saved it and it was the ultimate difference between the two teams.

A penalty being weak is subjective anyway, surely?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back