2023/24 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree and it’s ok. From what I’ve seen in here Rooney most definitely is treated like a “true blue”

The love for Pickford is in the same sort of blind allegiance.

Look he’s a good keeper but we nowhere near the level we need to be to have one of the best keepers in the league.

I just see it different and it’s all good
Pickford is one of the best keepers in the league, he’s easily one of the best. Y’all be gangsta trippin’

I disagree and it’s ok. From what I’ve seen in here Rooney most definitely is treated like a “true blue”

The love for Pickford is in the same sort of blind allegiance.

Look he’s a good keeper but we nowhere near the level we need to be to have one of the best keepers in the league.

I just see it different and it’s all good
Ha ha ha

He’s closer to that level than pretty much every single one of our squad. Thats what makes your fixation so strange.
Is he the best keeper in the world? No
Is he the kind of keeper who could win a team the league? Probably not

But…
Are most of our other players good enough for a top-half finish? No

So why this obsession that we should sell him and find someone better?

In most other sides he'd be falling asleep between the sticks: not good to maintain his England position.
With us, Jordan will get lots of practice.
For Everton's sake, and England's, he's a 'keep'er.

See what I've done? Eh?

Ha ha ha

He’s closer to that level than pretty much every single one of our squad. Thats what makes your fixation so strange.
Is he the best keeper in the world? No
Is he the kind of keeper who could win a team the league? Probably not

But…
Are most of our other players good enough for a top-half finish? No

So why this obsession that we should sell him and find someone better?
😂 that’s not even remotely my argument
I give up truly this time. Carry on everyone I’ll steer clear of the Pickford thread from now on

Man honestly it’s just silly that presenting an alternative opinion in here gets treated In this way. What is it that you can’t allow an alternative opinion without belittling the individual.

I’ve stated my reason pages ago.

Treat Rooney like a cult hero when he gave he bailed at first chance

Hang on to England #1 for sake of having England’s #1

Keep the can’t lose if we draw mentality. It’s just silly

It’s all good for a laugh though thank you

no hang on to a GK that helps us every season

you don’t sell if you don’t need to mate

it’s simple as that

The euros summed him up
Only 2 keepers had a lower goals prevented XG. He was one of only 3 goalys who were on minus.
But the biased people in here will tell you he played well and should not have saved the semi final goal when the commentators, pundits, fans across the country said he should.
Its a losing battle he cant do know wrong in internet blues eyes.

if anyone still thinks Pickford is in any way a problem then they are genuinely beyond help at this point, it’s a hill they’re gonna die on

The euros summed him up
Only 2 keepers had a lower goals prevented XG. He was one of only 3 goalys who were on minus.
But the biased people in here will tell you he played well and should not have saved the semi final goal when the commentators, pundits, fans across the country said he should.

I mean what even is prevented XG for a keeper. Who decides what a prevented goal is or not.
He kept England in that final with two great saves from yamal.
Thats what my eyes saw

Like some other ex-players, when Pickford eventually leaves, I think many of his doubters will really understand how good and valuable he is for us. Because of his nature, his appearance, or whatever it is, people just don't rate him highly enough. He's got to command a big fee if he goes anywhere , and an outfield player of his abilities would be linked to any Champions League club. (He's better than Courtois, and can match Neuer, Donnaruma in everything except actual titles). Brilliant, with some crazy thrown in. Finally, finally the national and PL commentators realised he's as good as he is for us as he is for England, and stopped that old story of him being somehow dodgy in the league.

His distribution was great too, I didn't realise how good his passing is.

Brilliant, and hope he stays for as long as we can keep hold of him!

Pickford may not take us to a top 4 finish, but he can certainly put us in the mix for a top half finish. He is in no way an issue, he's happy at the club, the club is happy with him, and he's bailed us out quite a bit over the last three seasons in particular. While every player has his price, why create an issue when there is none at the moment and we have other priorities. It would be difficult to replace him with better without spending money we don't have or even would get in return if we sold him. If you believe the hype, or he progresses well, maybe a transition from Pickford to Lukjanciks in about 4 years would be ideal.

The euros summed him up

I'm trying to stifle laughter at someone seriously saying 'prevented XG' in a post on a footy nerd forum, but I just can't...

the absolute least of our worries is Pickford

actually it is a owrry for me, as if we were to sell him i'd be even more concerned foro ur premier league status. kept us up in 21/22 and 22/23
Yeah but he may have made a mistake, mate. Can't be having that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back