2023/24 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn’t mind selling him if the financial benefit from selling him meant we invested wisely to the point we could all have confidence the team would improve but it simply wouldn’t and for those who are crediting the defence for the amount of goals we shipped, Pickford is part of that triumvirate. I still couldn’t understand how we pulled off that double save from Chelsea I think it was the season before last….incredible.

This. Also, his save v Sheffield United away right at the end. World class.

Dont worry, someone will be along shortly to tell you that it's a save(s) every keeper should make :lol: as are all the wonder save's he has made (While listing tons of errors he has not made, but he has in their heads)
Every keeper makes mistakes - but not every keeper is so weak on crosses & dominating his box leaving his line to catch the ball like Pickford - as a shot stopper he is one of the best - I merely pointed out he is not a complete keeper nor did I suggest selling him - I did point out it has stopped top clubs coming in for him in the past ... He is a fantastic shot stopper, no doubts, but IMO not an all round keeper - Nigel Martyn - Westy, & world-class big Nev - they had attributes only Pickford could dream of -

I did say at his age now, we could find a more dominant keeper he is happy with us, & that's fine - it just when a set piece is floated in He flaps at the ball - never catches a hard cross etc punches it anywhere - no control of his box etc - he has been like that since day one TBH

Saying that we have had some poor keepers in my time when Pickford is miles ahead of them - record fee for David Lawson & he was crap .... we could at that time signed a certain Peter Shilton for less.....

I think it is why no other clubs have been wary of signing Pickford, TBH -

Our two brilliant CBs have to cover for him ...on crosses ....

My thoughts? Stop being a troll
😂

I’m being serious and have been since the beginning but you all in here act like I’m asking to murder your first born.

As frustrating as it is to hear about takeover collapse funds are a legitimate concern.

Keep banging that drum.

😂

I’m being serious and have been since the beginning but you all in here act like I’m justing murdering your first born.

As frustrating as it is to hear about takeover collapse funds are a legitimate concern.

Keep banging that drum.

your banging your own drum mate

we don’t need to sell JP

we aren’t selling nor should you want to..

oh wait only YOU

Thing is, nobody has ever bid for him as far as I've heard and he's never ever mentioned leaving, yet every season we seem to discuss selling him, and every season he plays a major role in important games and moments that keep us up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back