2023/24 Jordan Pickford

I dont think the choice is Pickford OR an older keeper.

I dont think the choice is Pickford OR a risky keeper.

The choice seems to be, would it be a good idea to sell Pickford to Chelsea for £30-40mil.

The answer is yes from me if we could sign Bart Verbruggen from Brighton with the money.

I wanted him last year before he went to Brighton and became the Dutch international keeper.

Someone whose value will only increase.

I dont think the choice is Pickford OR an older keeper.

I dont think the choice is Pickford OR a risky keeper.

The choice seems to be, would it be a good idea to sell Pickford to Chelsea for £30-40mil.

The answer is yes from me if we could sign Bart Verbruggen from Brighton with the money.

I wanted him last year before he went to Brighton and became the Dutch international keeper.

Someone whose value will only increase.

Where to start with this?

He's Brighton's first choice keeper.

They signed him last summer for £16m+.

Since then he's become a full international for Netherlands.

Brighton, who notoriously don't sell on the cheap.

So you're advocating we sell Pickford for £30-40m - in a market where Beto an Chermiti cost more than that...

How much do you think Brighton would sell him for?

So you're advocating we sell Pickford for £30-40m - in a market where Beto an Chermiti cost more than that...

Fellas a madman.

Dont see what club he does go esp in england, i knew wheb he made that mistake against chelsea he would come back stronger after it and step his game up. Would have to be a big offer for me to let him go, has kept us up again this season and is right thr defence has got praise this season but pickford is a key part of it

Think the opportunity for Pickford to leave was last summer, United, Chelsea, Spurs & Arsenal all bought a GK and no bids came in for him. United should've been all over him then

It would have to be the same fee we generated from selling Pickford, or lower.

This is precisely why we should have sold Pickford last summer and signed Verbruggen then.

Oh, and Im well aware hes a top club and international keeper. I referenced this many times and even in the post you replied to :)

It would have to be the same fee we generated from selling Pickford, or lower.

This is precisely why we should have sold Pickford last summer and signed Verbruggen then.

Oh, and Im well aware hes a top club and international keeper. I referenced this many times and even in the post you replied to :)
Just dont think the club is in a positon to sell pickford now imo i hope it can be onana then sell some of the others. I think pickford is a key player for us and nust dont see the value of selling us a big offer and i cant see that

The degree to which some of our supporters want to give away the player who, by almost any objective measure, has been most instrumental in keeping us up the last 3 seasons is beyond parody.

And he seemingly actually wants to be here. It's madness.

Now I get if the options are 1) Sell him OR 2) we go into administration, then I guess that's one thing.

But I'm not in the camp of sell Pickford, a known quantity, in his prime and spend that amount on another keeper who may or may not fit in here as well as Pickford. Or even half that amount on another keeper. Change isn't always for the best, especially when you're talking about a fully settled keeper vs a complete unknown

In a modern mercenary game, Pickford is one of the few players who might buck that trend.
I doubt he'd ever move abroad or down south. And I think it's very unlikely he'd even change to another northern club.
He's a bit of a mad man who seems to have carved out a niche for himself on Merseyside that he's really happy with.
I reckon the only move he makes is back to Sunderland if they get promoted.

Everton would be bonkers to voluntarily sell him

See Pickford trending so click it. See Chelsea are supposedly after him.

Jordan Pickford, England #1, second most clean sheets in the league despite facing more shots than the goalies in 1st and 3rd combined.

Sooner that club returns to irrelevance the better.