2023/24 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those anti Pickford pundits certainly have a following.
There's constant criticism of his distribution in the comments on reports in the papers.
But what is he to do whenever he plays it short it's passed back to him.
I live down south where England is more important for most than their club teams and I can tell you everyone loves Pickford and he’s the first name on everybody's team sheet.

Screw a few miserable kopites and geordies, the whole of the rest of the country was right behind him all tournament.

I live down south where England is more important for most than their club teams and I can tell you everyone loves Pickford and he’s the first name on everybody's team sheet.

Screw a few miserable kopites and geordies, the whole of the rest of the country was right behind him all tournament.
100% this. We all have an opinion, and some are different to mine/ours so I dont let it bother me. Goalkeepers dont come into their peak until late 20's, so people will now see him.at his best.

Tbf, his distribution yesterday wasn’t great. One of his saves he had to make came from a long ball up field which was nowhere near an England player.

However, even when it was good, Kane either didn’t jump or his timing was atrocious so he had already landed before the ball was within 10 yards of him.

I like how some people think that the players just do what they want for 90mins.

He starts the move that leads to the goal last night with a quick ball into Bellingham. You won't hear that though.

The team as a whole struggled to play out when pressed all tournament. When he did go short most of the time it either come straight back to him or the ball was turned over in a dangerous area. Yes he did go long a lot but I think there was clear instruction to do so by the manager and there didn't seem to be any complaints by those on the side line. He's not Ederson with his feet but he's still better than most.

englands player of the tournament for me

Wasnt difficult but only one id say come out with credit

Next would be guehi and maino
Agreed, Guehi was a cut above - Mainoo was non-existent last night, whether the occasion or position got to him I'm unsure but he did nothing of note. Heard his name mentioned twice in the first half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.