Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's the same height as Neville Southall.

Yes it's nice having a 6'7 monstrosity between the sticks but at the end of the day being a goalkeeper is 99% mental. Positioning, reactions and nerve. So I want a good keeper, I don't care if they're 7 feet tall or 5'10, if they stop the ball from going in then they're sound.

The real issue is that I don't think there are many good keepers out there. At least not in this league.

Height is part of the advantage. I cannot recall top teams rely on having first choice short keepers. Southall and the Spanish keeper that's 2 rare cases but most of the time, that's the other way around.

No way a 5'10 keeper will be a success in the top leagues.

Height is part of the advantage. I cannot recall top teams rely on having first choice short keepers. Southall and the Spanish keeper that's 2 rare cases but most of the time, that's the other way around.

I was using a bit of hyperbole. There aren't many 7 foot keepers either....

How long are his arms? Thats the important part!

The boy makes some excellent stops at times.

The first video. That was a really bad goalkeeping in the first place. He made a mess and luckily made the save in the end because clearly it was not intentional. He fall down and with a bit of luck the ball hit him.

6 foot 2 inches seems to be the standard size for a lot of top goalies throughout history but it doesn't really matter.

Costil Pantillimon is 6 foot 8 and pretty rubbish. Dino Zoff was around 5 foot 10 and was a legendary goalie.

Pickford isn't even small! I don't get where this is coming from. I think he has a case of Shay Given-itis where everyone seems to think he was small for a goalie when in fact he was pretty standard sized at 6 foot 1.

That was abysmal keeping, unfortunately, he has that in his locker. Still think we could do better or simply see how Joel is with a better defense in front of him.
Joel lost me when he jumped into Vokes back as he ran away from goal. Rather see how Pickford does with a better defense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back