Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name me one bad keeper who has won the premier league and was the 1st choice keeper

Not sure what you mean but if you are saying he is a top keeper just because he has that medal thats daft, decent keeper, no more no less, if Robles is to be replaced we need an upgrade, not to spend money on someone who while at his peak is still nothing spectacular in anything other then surname.
Least Pickford is still learning his trade, besides in 12 months is the best name Walsh can find a guy from the club he left last summer? hardly searching high and low

Not sure what you mean but if you are saying he is a top keeper just because he has that medal thats daft, decent keeper, no more no less, if Robles is to be replaced we need an upgrade, not to spend money on someone who while at his peak is still nothing spectacular in anything other then surname.
Least Pickford is still learning his trade, besides in 12 months is the best name Walsh can find a guy from the club he left last summer? hardly searching high and low

No, I'm saying to be a first team keeper who has won the leauge you have to be a top keeper.

It's not a position you can get away with mistakes if you're going for the title.

No, I'm saying to be a first team keeper who has won the leauge you have to be a top keeper.

It's not a position you can get away with mistakes if you're going for the title.

If he is a top keeper why is his clean sheet percentage this season 32,1 % ? In the same amount of games he has kept one more clean sheet than Víctor Valdes at Boro and is bang level with Lee Grant at Stoke?

So I brought this up in the transfer thread and I'll put it here too.

Firstly 6'1" is not short and some of the best keepers in the world are around the same height. That argument is a no go that Pickford is somehow too diminutive to be a good keeper. Southall was 6'1" ffs.

Is he a top level keeper though? He's definitely got age on his side to develop into that, but is he there yet? Would he actually be better as a keeper than Robles next season? He looks like a top not footballer and his distribution is boss. For me those are surplus to the requirements though...great to have, but must be top notch at his required role of keeping goals out and saving points.

For me it's a bit like Stones. So easy to be seduced by his sexy footballing ability. As a defender though he was average to below average.

So is Pickford an above average keeper? If not then it's a no for me. I haven't seen enough to make that judgement. Even the best keeper have the odd clanger.

I've been singing Pickfords praises for a few years. He is going to be a top keeper I've got no doubt about it- it's just whether he's ready right now to be a top 4-6 keeper in this league.

I think it would be a smart signing to get him now before his fee rockets IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back