Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not saying he's not in fairness.

He's just saying that in that position he'd rather have experience in. Someone who can not have much to do for 50 minutes before pulling a save out of nowhere.

His argument is that it's easy to look good in a crap team - though Pickford has pulled out some top-class stops tonight.

This is my worry. Looking ace in a team that gets battered doesn't mean you'll be great in a team that can often only rely on you once or twice a game.

That said, I have to emphasise how good a game he's had tonight. Probably the best performance from a keeper I've seen this season.

Stek and Howard have a tonne of 'experience'... both ultimately turd though. This lad is as good a keeper as we could attract at this moment in time, however it won't be for the 10m that the press keep saying we've bid

This is my worry. Looking ace in a team that gets battered doesn't mean you'll be great in a team that can often only rely on you once or twice a game.

That said, I have to emphasise how good a game he's had tonight. Probably the best performance from a keeper I've seen this season.
Oh I agree mate, he's been brilliant.

I'd be delighted if we signed him. But I could understand people having reservations as well.

Sunderlands shots on target against ratio is not that different to ours!

Stek and Howard have a tonne of 'experience'... both ultimately turd though. This lad is as good a keeper as we could attract at this moment in time, however it won't be for the 10m that the press keep saying we've bid

Well yeh that's the flip side of the coin which is what my argument was.

But yeh, by the press, it's just the M*****, so don't take it as the truth - they make up rumours for fun.

Totally agree. Top bracket keepers won't come to us yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back