Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like he is a few sandwiches short of a picnic this lad.

IMG_4671.webp

Can't wait for Moyes to block us and say that 'Jordan need's to go to a big club' when we come sniffing in the Summer.

Last edited:
This is a decent read.

https://inews.co.uk/essentials/spor...-pickford-sunderland-goalkeeper-david-preece/

This was the main point I took from the article, not as in-experienced as most people think.

In fact, a move for Pickford would be the best for all concerned. This has been no meteoric rise for the Washington-born keeper and it is that, in part, that has played a key role in his success despite the turmoil in front of him. He has made his way incrementally through the ranks at Sunderland via loan spells at Darlington, Alfreton, Burton Albion, Carlisle United, Bradford City and Preston North End. Making 116 first team appearances across the football league and below before his Sunderland debut has allowed him to develop his game more freely. A lack of fear You can analyse his game over the last four years and see the improvement made with every step up he has made. At Alfreton he came for crosses and high balls in the box with a confidence sometimes knocked out of inexperienced keepers at that level by the physicality of opponents looking to unnerve and exploit them.

Read more at: https://inews.co.uk/essentials/spor...-pickford-sunderland-goalkeeper-david-preece/

Our keepers have been so poor in recent weeks that I would take anyone at the minute. It has to be RonKoe's priority.

Pickford looks decent and could be our keeper for ages with him being young. Just depends on who else goes in for him.

Whats your take on him mate as you see him every week. Apppreciate you've probably made a contribution earlier in the thread but cba looking through 50 pages.

I know its your own choice to go on opposing clubs fan forums but how do you feel about so much discussion on here regarding one of your players. Personally I think its disrespectful the way other clubs fans assume our best players would jump at the chance to move, but then we do the same with the likes of Pickford and Sigurddson. So its a bit pot/kettle.

As a matter of interest do you post on other clubs forums apart from ours. If so, are you accepted in the same way?.
Sorry for not replying sooner

Said previously he really reminds me of Shay Given who we had on loan at SAFC in his early days. His shot stopping is already up there with the best in the league, handing/punching good, distribution is superb and he's not afraid to shout at his teammates. Mistake wise he's only cost us 3 goals (A) Southampton at the start of the season and recently (A) Boro and (H) Swansea apart from these he's been superb. Don't find it disrespectful at all it's the nature of the game other fans talking about other clubs players they've been linked with I think yous would be the perfect club for him if/when he does move.

Nar this and our forum are the only ones I bother with good set of lads and lasses on here

Said previously he really reminds me of Shay Given who we had on loan at SAFC in his early days. His shot stopping is already up there with the best in the league, handing/punching good, distribution is superb and he's not afraid to shout at his teammates. Mistake wise he's only cost us 3 goals (A) Southampton at the start of the season and recently (A) Boro and (H) Swansea apart from these he's been superb. Don't find it disrespectful at all it's the nature of the game other fans talking about other clubs players they've been linked with I think yous would be the perfect club for him if/when he does move.

Nar this and our forum are the only ones I bother with good set of lads and lasses on here

What do you think of his ability in dealing with high ball?

C

Cheers mate.

Remenber the Southampton game. Really felt for the lad. Made a number of top drawer saves to keep you in it then let one under his body in closing minutes. Cruel.

Hope you sell Pickford to us then get your act together and come straight back up next season. Think you'll need to ditch Moyes and all the ex blues and start afresh. You have some good kids there to buikd around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back