Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I've never understood why keepers go for less. They're the most important individuals in the team. You can only field one keeper and they have their own unique rules and responsibilities. A bad keeper can ruin a great team-wide defensive display and a good one can save the bacon of a team who make defensive mistakes.

They also tend to have the longest careers at clubs. Pickford is only 23 - we could hypothetically get 15 years out of him.

Yeah I've never understood why keepers go for less. They're the most important individuals in the team. You can only field one keeper and they have their own unique rules and responsibilities. A bad keeper can ruin a great team-wide defensive display and a good one can save the bacon of a team who make defensive mistakes.

Exactly. It's the name 'goalkeeper' the object of the game is based around goals. A fella only learning about football a day should deduce how important it is.

Yes but that means usually being at least in the ballpark for the player, which would have been £15m approx.

£8m is a complete waste of time. All it does is annoy the selling club, like Chelsea did to us with Stones. He's a player in demand - they'll just sell to another club if at all possible now.
I agree with that. The bid was very Moyes-esque when he bid for Fellaini and Baines.

No way did we bid £8m for Pickford, couldn't possibly hope they accept that. Perhaps Pickfords people have said they want to come to Everton so we are chancing out arm.

Yeah.Totally agree.

There's deffo more to it than that.Whether it's an initial payment with add ons/his release clause if relegated/payments outstanding for their Christmas signings etc theres got to be a reason.

Where did the £8m figure even come from? Certainly nowhere official.

Because they don't ping 30-yard freekicks in the top corner.

That often.

Hopefully they still owe us money for Gibson and Oviedo. If that's the case, we could use that as a bargaining tool to drive the price down. Alternatively give them the option of taking dowell, Walsh or Pennington on loan to aid their championship chances. The experience they will gain playing for a big club in the championship will be a win win for both clubs.

Reactions: JLW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back