Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you not realise there a small chance Walsh might visit this page , see all the posts , think we want Pickford and actually go out and sign him
It's a dangerous game we are playing here
Best just ask the mods to delete all evidence

haha, yep, the man who was the main driving force behind the biggest upset in football history, bases his opinions on a couple of pages on a fan forum.

He's much, much better than the two we currently have. Just try and imagine us putting a £30m price tag on either of them. Go on imagine it.
We have put a 100 m price tag on Lukaku
Juve put a 90 m price tag on Pogba
The RS put a 50 m price tag on Torres years ago
We put a 47 m price tag on Stones.
Just because a player has a high price on his head doesn't mean he is worth it
Same way a low price tag doesn't mean he's crap see Coleman

We have put a 100 m price tag on Lukaku
Juve put a 90 m price tag on Pogba
The RS put a 50 m price tag on Torres years ago
We put a 47 m price tag on Stones.
Just because a player has a high price on his head doesn't mean he is worth it
Same way a low price tag doesn't mean he's crap see Coleman

Doesn't mean they're "worth it", but all those players you mentioned apart from Lukaku did have clubs actually willing to pay those fees. A club will be willing to pay around the asking price for Pickford if we don't. No one would touch either of our keepers with a barge pole for anything over £5m, that says that the general consensus is they're much worse.

Doesn't mean they're "worth it", but all those players you mentioned apart from Lukaku did have clubs actually willing to pay those fees. A club will be willing to pay around the asking price for Pickford if we don't. No one would touch either of our keepers with a barge pole for anything over £5m, that says that the general consensus is they're much worse.
You are only assuming someone will pay 30 m for Pickford
I personally cannot see anybody paying close to that.
I am not saying Pickford is not a step up on what we have just not a big enough step up IMO

You are only assuming someone will pay 30 m for Pickford
I personally cannot see anybody paying close to that.
I am not saying Pickford is not a step up on what we have just not a big enough step up IMO

Maybe not £30m, but I bet you any money he goes for at least over £20m. Personally I don't think any of the alternative names mentioned are anywhere near as good as what he could be. Unless we could somehow get Butland.

£30m for Pickford would make him the second-most expensive goalkeeper, after Ederson.

Just to put it into perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back