Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering the prices being banded about for the likes of De Gea now, would 30 million still be overspending if we sold him for 50 million 5 years from now?

If he stays as our number 1 keeper for 10 years he has cost us 3m a season if we pay the full 30m

GK position sorted and one of the best young goalkeeping world prospects in the bag.

Only a moaning / sour / bitter / tedious old bore would not see the sense in this.

Know ye of such a person?

£30M - no matter what the upfront payments are - is insane for this GK. I have zero faith money will be wisely spent this summer if that is anywhere near true. We're going to have to hold out for £100M for Lukaku to pay for OTT fees on players of this debatable quality.

I'd have gone to the Bundesliga before turning in this direction. Cheaper and better. And before Pickford I'd also have preferred Forster, Butland or Heaton.
Like clockwork

He'll have my full support, but the fact we don't appear to have even tried to get someone the calibre of Butland is disappointing, and will give the "lack of ambition" crowd plenty of ammo...

So signing the best and most highly touted young keeper around is "lack of ambition" to some?

Have I woken in a parallel universe this morning Mikey?

He'll have my full support, but the fact we don't appear to have even tried to get someone the calibre of Butland is disappointing, and will give the "lack of ambition" crowd plenty of ammo...

I don't think it will mate. We both would rather have had Butland but loads and loads wanted this kid.

If he stays as our number 1 keeper for 10 years he has cost us 3m a season if we pay the full 30m

GK position sorted and one of the best young goalkeeping world prospects in the bag.

Only a moaning / sour / bitter / tedious old bore would not see the sense in this.

Know ye of such a person?

Sorry Thomas but I think Dave has somewhat of a point here

30 Million for a lad whose had one decentish season for a relegated team Vs a player like Butland who is only 24 and has done it multiple seasons for an established Premier League side, or an experienced keeper like Heaton who has also had more than one good season under is belt, is a bit of a head scratcher for me in all honesty

Sorry Thomas but I think Dave has somewhat of a point here

30 Million for a lad whose had one decentish season for a relegated team Vs a player like Butland who is only 24 and has done it multiple seasons for an established Premier League side, or an experienced keeper like Heaton who has also had more than one good season under is belt, is a bit of a head scratcher for me in all honesty

I find it difficult to criticise the fee without knowing the full breakdown, he is young for a keeper so could include all manner of appearance fees

£30M - no matter what the upfront payments are - is insane for this GK. I have zero faith money will be wisely spent this summer if that is anywhere near true. We're going to have to hold out for £100M for Lukaku to pay for OTT fees on players of this debatable quality.

I'd have gone to the Bundesliga before turning in this direction. Cheaper and better. And before Pickford I'd also have preferred Forster, Butland or Heaton.

The irony of this post is sublime.

Dave I really do believe that one day soon you will finally disappear up your own a***.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back