Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's one our targets that am not arsed if we sign him or not!! Would rather have gone for a more proven GK, but I get the potential side to it so just have to wait and see...

Mikey, you need to let the Butland thing go.

I don't think you've helped yourself with the 'lack of ambition' line. We are apparently paying £30m for one of the highest rated keepers in the country. That's pretty ambitious.

If it makes you feel better imagine we asked about Butland but got told no chance.

Or Stoke would never sell Butland to us and we're switching targets instead of spending all summer doing what we did last year going after players we couldn't get to end up with Valencia on deadline day?

Futility is a thing in the world of transfers.

it's painful isn't it?

Whatever they club do, even when they try to secure a long term goalkeeper who is one of the most highly touted young keepers around, some will still find some fault.

Butland would be £30m+ straight up and who knows what that injury did to him. Stoke also won't likely sell to us.

Pickford IS NOT £30m. It clearly says up to £30m with addons/bonuses. How many players have we scoffed the cost at and then rued it? VVD anyone?

It's not even a comparable kind of deal.

Aren't you just treating Koeman and his decisions the exact same way that Dave treated Martinez and his decisions then?

I thought the days of manager cults were gone the day we finally ditched Martinez, looks like I might have been wrong...

You are attempting to open a nest of vipers that I am unwilling to participate in.

Crack on young man :) x

Edit: Schniderlin, Klaassen, Bolaise, Pickford, Williams, see a pattern forming here?

Butland would be £30m+ straight up and who knows what that injury did to him. Stoke also won't likely sell to us.

Pickford IS NOT £30m. It clearly says up to £30m with addons/bonuses. How many players have we scoffed the cost at and then rued it? VVD anyone?

It's not even a comparable kind of deal.
would not surprise me if payment is spread over 2-3 seasons for him.

Maybe we can't afford Butland. Don't forget we still need about 7 more players.
You'd think a similar fee for butland would get him. I myself rate butland highly, but just maybe his injury issues of the last 18 months have put off potential clubs. Either way Pickford is a serious upgrade on stek and Robles.

Or Stoke would never sell Butland to us and we're switching targets instead of spending all summer doing what we did last year going after players we couldn't get to end up with Valencia on deadline day?

Futility is a thing in the world of transfers.

If (and it's still an if) a £30m package is true, and that is deemed to be the market, what would it cost to take Butland? The received wisdom on here is that Butland is superior to Pickford - so £40m? More?

Would that be deemed to be 'good business'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back