2017/18 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who shall we get instead lads?
Let’s get Ben Foster hey lads?

Shall we get Fraser Forster? I see Saints want rid of him. Good enough for us though surely lads?

De Gea has been wank for Spain this World Cup. Shall we try our luck lads?
Ben foster is an actual improvement

Who shall we get instead lads?
Let’s get Ben Foster hey lads?

Shall we get Fraser Forster? I see Saints want rid of him. Good enough for us though surely lads?

De Gea has been wank for Spain this World Cup. Shall we try our luck lads?

Mate, he's a decent keeper but he has a major flaw in his game which he has displayed throughout the whole season he has been with us, a flaw identified by many on here, he is still displaying that same major flaw.

One would think it would be a relatively easy flaw to coach out of him but it hasn't happened. I hope our new managerial side can see it and make positives steps to rectify it because it'll cost whatever team he plays for goals on a regular basis.

Mate, he's a decent keeper but he has a major flaw in his game which he has displayed throughout the whole season he has been with us, a flaw identified by many on here, he is still displaying that same major flaw.

One would think it would be a relatively easy flaw to coach out of him but it hasn't happened. I hope our new managerial side can see it and make positives steps to rectify it because it'll cost whatever team he plays for goals on a regular basis.

Never said he was perfect mate. No keeper is. Especially at that age.

I cannot understand the constant criticism.

He was poor tonight. It happens. Get over it.

image.webp

Never said he was perfect mate. No keeper is. Especially at that age.

I cannot understand the constant criticism.

He was poor tonight. It happens. Get over it.

I agree mate. But it is the one recurring error with him and as I said one that happened consistently through the season. He erridicates that aspect of his game and the critic stops. The reason it continues is because he continues to palm easy to deal with shots straight down the middle. It's a fundamental basic of goalkeeping to clear the danger area when blocking shots

Ffs Pickford will be a great keeper.
He is 24
Granted he is not England class yet but it isn’t his fault that there aren’t any better English keepers around

...it might help if he stopped thinking about his passing and concentrated on stopping shots. I’m not a fan of this playing from the back and making a keeper think he’s a midfielder. I’m nervous of him in goal for England.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back