2017/18 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long live Pickford. May he be a Blue for years to come.
And i think he will be,no matter how much the press and co try to sell him to man utd or whoever,A totally Brilliant keeper who i was very happy we signed,and still am,no matter if some dont like him or say we can do better etc

But 9 times from 10,you see keepers dive at height to the right,going with the left hand,and vice/verse other side-its like they are trying for camera save to me,,,even though myself if i was diving to the right i would always use my right hand,left hand to left side-----you dont see to many keepers going with the right hand at height to the right-so dont get why these experts now act as though he went wrong hand etc

It's because the opposite hand can reach higher shots. Unless, when diving to your right, your right arm suddenly gets two feet longer.

He's the new whipping boy for Ingurland, see previous, Baines,, Barkley, Jags. Never mind mistakes in front of him. Oh and on the subject of Barkley will RLC get criticism for losing the ball more times in one game than Barkley did in his entire international career?

I personally think you're going off a feeling and not watching tape about him because it's my feeling that this deficiency doesn't present these amazing opportunities. However if there's some emotionless stats or some other such proof I'm happy to be proven wrong but I think a lot of perceptions of our players have been warped by last season.

Mate, for one I'm not an England fan so I have zero emotion about tonight's issues that are a recurring theme throughout the last 10months. I watched every minute of every game last season.

Secondly I posted on several occasions last season when I've criticised him for the exact same thing and mentioned specific examples, as have others. It's a fundamental flaw in a goalkeepers game palming shots out like that. If you can not see it's a issue in his game then irrespective of what I say that'll not be changed. In my view it's a monumental flaw.

Mate, for one I'm not an England fan so I have zero emotion about tonight's issues that are a recurring theme throughout the last 10months. I watched every minute of every game last season.

Secondly I posted on several occasions last season when I've criticised him for the exact same thing and mentioned specific examples, as have others. It's a fundamental flaw in a goalkeepers game palming shots out like that. If you can not see it's a issue in his game then irrespective of what I say that'll not be changed. In my view it's a monumental flaw.
I didn't mean that tonight made you emotional. I would think most all of us watched every minute of every game. I already recognize that's your point of view that you say you've been expressing regularly. My point was I think both you and I, when we speak on our differing opinions on this matter, are talking about it from an emotional place after last season as Everton fans and everyone has their opinions on what caused what. However I was saying that I'm happy to be proven wrong and change my opinion if there is some contextualized statistic showing him giving up all these guilt edge chances due to his parrying technique.

Simple as that.

He played well.
PLayed well? I thought he did nothing and definitely wasn’t really a threat. The one great chance he had on the edge of the Belgium he had s poor first touch and it was cleared. And the only time he got past someone in a dangerous position his cross went over the Goal and out for a goal kick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back