2017/18 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
lee dixon said he went with wrong hand, nev said he went with correct hand

how is that the same?
Pickford not at fault for the goal imo...

Went with the right hand btw, However some of his weaknesses were there for all to see, that's without many crosses coming in to test him even further...

Still got a lot to learn but most of all needs to concentrate on being a good keeper that makes spectacular saves, not a spectacular keeper making good saves look spectacular...

Pickford not at fault for the goal imo...

Went with the right hand btw, However some of his weaknesses were there for all to see, that's without many crosses coming in to test him even further...

Still got a lot to learn but most of all needs to concentrate on being a good keeper that makes spectacular saves, not a spectacular keeper making good saves look spectacular...
i think this is pretty fair

Says the most over rated keeper in the history football. Made horrendous mistakes for England & Arsenal in Huge games. And was so big he couldn’t get across his line half the time.
And at 24 if Pickfords main fault is him pushing balls out wrong, well that will do for me.
Same 4 yrs ago it was all jags & Baines’s fault England went out of the World Cup.

How did loftus- England’s new superstar 10x better than Barkley- Cheek get on
Looks like a poor mans Ross Barkley to me. What a cock up Barkley made going to Chelsea.

I didn't mean that tonight made you emotional. I would think most all of us watched every minute of every game. I already recognize that's your point of view that you say you've been expressing regularly. My point was I think both you and I, when we speak on our differing opinions on this matter, are talking about it from an emotional place after last season as Everton fans and everyone has their opinions on what caused what. However I was saying that I'm happy to be proven wrong and change my opinion if there is some contextualized statistic showing him giving up all these guilt edge chances due to his parrying technique.

Simple as that.

I don't watch football and base my opinion thereafter on statistics. I base it on what my eyes tell me. I see the same issue happen on a regular basis. Twice tonight for instance and almost on a weekly basis last season. Whether or not that leads to a goal to add to a statistical database is irrelevant, a competent goalkeeper, simply does not commit such a fundamental mistake and we are are at a disadvantage having a player who needlessly presents opportunities on a regular basis, taken or not, when it can be relatively easily irridicated.

I don't watch football and base my opinion thereafter on statistics. I base it on what my eyes tell me. I see the same issue happen on a regular basis. Twice tonight for instance and almost on a weekly basis last season. Whether or not that leads to a goal to add to a statistical database is irrelevant, a competent goalkeeper, simply does not commit such a fundamental mistake and we are are at a disadvantage having a player who needlessly presents opportunities on a regular basis, taken or not, when it can be relatively easily irridicated.
Fair enough I wholeheartedly disagree.

PLayed well? I thought he did nothing and definitely wasn’t really a threat. The one great chance he had on the edge of the Belgium he had s poor first touch and it was cleared. And the only time he got past someone in a dangerous position his cross went over the Goal and out for a goal kick.

You must be talking about Phil Jones. Loftus Cheek is the good looking chap

He's not 6'6", simple as that. He's not dominating in the air on free kicks and corners. But man, try and get a low shot past him. Try and power one by him. He has strengths and weaknesses. His distribution has tremendous potential. His mentality is also very sound. He's a pretty good PL and international keeper.

Who shall we get instead lads?
Let’s get Ben Foster hey lads?

Shall we get Fraser Forster? I see Saints want rid of him. Good enough for us though surely lads?

De Gea has been wank for Spain this World Cup. Shall we try our luck lads?

Can you please refrain from the over use of the word ‘lads’ please.

It’s a tad tedious.

Yours truly,
BB

It's because the opposite hand can reach higher shots. Unless, when diving to your right, your right arm suddenly gets two feet longer.
he said maybe, and the gave an explanation why pickford went with the wrong hand

I would say he went with the correct hand in this instance. Whether a goalie uses the hand that goes across the body to make a save depends on the distance and the power of the shot (& of course height of the ball). If that is outside of the box or a dinked shot then I would expect him to use his left arm which can reach higher than the arm that is closest to the ball. As that shot was going some it could have already been past him before his left arm had chance to get there.

I would say he went with the correct hand in this instance. Whether a goalie uses the hand that goes across the body to make a save depends on the distance and the power of the shot (& of course height of the ball). If that is outside of the box or a dinked shot then I would expect him to use his left arm which can reach higher than the arm that is closest to the ball. As that shot was going some it could have already been past him before his left arm had chance to get there.

I agree, but it's a tough decision. The player already faked one shot, he's in the box, he's not at the best, but not the worst angle. It's a tough save, simple as that.

I agree, but it's a tough decision. The player already faked one shot, he's in the box, he's not at the best, but not the worst angle. It's a tough save, simple as that.
I'm one of his staunchest fans, but looking at it again this morning I remain convinced he should have been more centrally positioned.

He's not 6'6", simple as that. He's not dominating in the air on free kicks and corners. But man, try and get a low shot past him. Try and power one by him. He has strengths and weaknesses. His distribution has tremendous potential. His mentality is also very sound. He's a pretty good PL and international keeper.

..Panama got a low shot past him. Panama powered one by him. Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back