2017/18 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon he went with the correct arm - the one that was connected to the shoulder closest to the ball. He'd have had to bring his other arm across the body to reach with that given the angle between him and the ball and the fact he was diving far to the side as well as high.

Great finish from Januzaj.

I've got to be honest and say I just don't see it with the lad. I mean, he's decent clearly, but I genuinely just don't see whatever it is that makes people say he's top drawer or on his way there. He just looks like a slightly better than average keeper to me. Hope he proves me wrong, but it doesn't seem to matter who he's playing for, or who is coaching him, he quite consistently makes the same errors and concedes goals.

Potentially maybe,I don't see what he has done so far to deserve the comparison with Nev but we will see. He has weaknesses that have been identified all season yet repeats the same errors for England.

don't think hes comparing him with Nev, "the best keeper since Nev" compares him with them all since. Pickford got all the individual awards at Everton this season, in his first season....not too shabby

don't think hes comparing him with Nev, "the best keeper since Nev" compares him with them all since. Pickford got all the individual awards at Everton this season, in his first season....not too shabby
Our clubs own awards being won buy one of our players, who'd have thought. After the season we had who else could they have given it to ?

Love how fans across the country are saying he isn't that good. They have short memories as neither were Robinson, James, Green and many others. England haven't had a good keeper since Seaman but unlike Piers Moron I know Seaman wasn't fit to lace Big Nev's boots.

Our clubs own awards being won buy one of our players, who'd have thought. After the season we had who else could they have given it to ?

and he played in the world cup as 1st choice keeper for a team at least in the knockout stages, can only be 16 of them in the whole world, impressive season for him tbh. Look at what De Gea did for Spain, keepers are human, the boy will make mistakes but I feel pretty assured with him between the posts personally

I reckon he went with the correct arm - the one that was connected to the shoulder closest to the ball. He'd have had to bring his other arm across the body to reach with that given the angle between him and the ball and the fact he was diving far to the side as well as high.

Nev’s take;

Also goes on to say a goalies height is irrelevant, only how good he is which is what I said earlier.

come on dave, pickford is far better than pope
No he's not

image.webp

Correct.

Also he’s gone to the World Cup as his countries’ first choice. So obviously he needs to be criticised eh?

don't pay any attention to stats like that, stuff like clean sheets/goals conceded per game etc he had one of the worst defences in the league in front of him, put a terrible keeper in say citys goal his stats automatically go up because he has less to do ie his stats look better but he's still crap

pope is a good keeper, pickford is better hence why he is englands number one

mad how weve gone from the absolute calamity tim howard to englands best keeper and people still moan abar him

That was my thought too. Surely he knows more about the mechanics of goalkeeping than a bunch of retired outfield pundits?

don't pay any attention to stats like that, stuff like clean sheets/goals conceded per game etc he had one of the worst defences in the league in front of him, put a terrible keeper in say citys goal his stats automatically go up because he has less to do ie his stats look better but he's still crap

mad how weve gone from the absolute calamity tim howard to englands best keeper and people still moan abar him
Only if you judge Howard on his last 18 months or so. Before that he was generally a very good keeper, not great but more than adequate. Not really seen anything from Pickford to suggest he's a considerable upgrade on a pre-2014 Howard.

England's best keeper, that's really no praise. Like saying hitler was Germany's best nazi

And star jumps might've had a terrible last 2 seasons but before that he was thrice the keeper this lad is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back