2017/18 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's more the fact that he was singled out last night by the punditry, when there were much worse performances on the pitch.

But he's still young and learning, just a pity this country is obsessed with causing its own failures at international tournaments.

The media is full of beauts who have failed with England criticising the current team. Wtf do Neville and Dixon know about winning anything at international football?

It was just a bit unseemly, like they couldn't wait to stick the boot in. Not sure if the rat faced one had highlighted the goalkeeping 'situation' before the tournament so was desperately seeking vindication but it felt a bit forced and a little bit weird.

Now if we can see the breakdown of how those four keepers did playing behind the other 3 team's defences during last season and facing the same shots from the same players in the exact same circumstances then we'll perhaps be better equipped to make judgement calls between Pope, Pickford and Butland.

It does a good job of flagging up that Hart had a poor season but little else.

For instance, In the 2017/18 PL season Karius has a better record for goals conceded per game than any of those four keepers. He also managed 10 clean sheets despite only playing in 19 games which is a much better percentage than any of those mentioned.

He was a very good keeper for us until the final 2 season, holds the record for clean sheets in a season in the prem era for us.

And I'm saying that as someone who absolutely despised him in his final few season
make that 3 seasons - if he was a god or great keeper SAF would have never sold him to us......

Saying Pope is better than Pickford because of last season's stats is exactly why Walsh got us in this effin mess with our squad - it's easy for Pope and Keane to look great as part of a well organized deep defence - not only do you conceed fewer shots but those shots also tend to be of worse quality.

We have a young keeper who could easily be the Everton and England No. 1 for the next 10+ years and still some on here would tell us Paul Gerrard was a better keeper.... sake

The English media are not satisfied unless there is somebody to savage.
I don't think Pickford, the English management or anybody with any sense will take the criticism seriously.

not writing him off but In over a season now he's not convinced me that he's good enough to ever play for a top team yet. Some of the overrating of him by Evertonians sounds just like a mother backing her son. Tim Howard had a better first season than Jordan did, let's hope he and we improve next season.

Now if we can see the breakdown of how those four keepers did playing behind the other 3 team's defences during last season and facing the same shots from the same players in the exact same circumstances then we'll perhaps be better equipped to make judgement calls between Pope, Pickford and Butland.

It does a good job of flagging up that Hart had a poor season but little else.

For instance, In the 2017/18 PL season Karius has a better record for goals conceded per game than any of those four keepers. He also managed 10 clean sheets despite only playing in 19 games which is a much better percentage than any of those mentioned.
And karius is a better keeper than all them keepers aswell

Howard was bang average, fergie got rid after one season that’s tells us all we need to know. Pickford has made less mistakes costing us points in his first season, than Howard did in any of his 10 seasons.
Robles was better than Howard or Coward as I christened him in those last disastrous 3 years - Robles kept ten clean sheets only for Timmy to walk back in - losing us points all over the place it was not hard to better him - who the hell extended his contract for 3 more years.....
I always stated he would cost RM his job ....
Pickford will become a very or even great keeper for us - big Nev never started great for us ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back