2017/18 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
An easy target because he is an Everton player. Why did those people fail to criticise Walker’s schoolboy error in the first game? Why did nobody criticise the crap defence in the second game?

An easy target because he is an Everton player. Why did those people fail to criticise Walker’s schoolboy error in the first game? Why did nobody criticise the crap defence in the second game?

They did though. I remember the pundits saying it was a silly challenge by Walker and the defence went to sleep for the second game.

You sound like a kopite moaning.

England's best keeper, that's really no praise. Like saying hitler was Germany's best nazi

And star jumps might've had a terrible last 2 seasons but before that he was thrice the keeper this lad is
Tim Howard was decent before his decline but I reckon Pickford is better.

England's best keeper, that's really no praise. Like saying hitler was Germany's best nazi

And star jumps might've had a terrible last 2 seasons but before that he was thrice the keeper this lad is

Please. There’s wumming, and then there’s claiming Tim Howard was a good keeper.

I personally can’t understand why some people find it impossible to accept we have a magnificent player.

It’s Lukaku all over again, this - “all he does is score goals”.

Please. There’s wumming, and then there’s claiming Tim Howard was a good keeper.
He was a very good keeper for us until the final 2 season, holds the record for clean sheets in a season in the prem era for us.

And I'm saying that as someone who absolutely despised him in his final few season

I personally can’t understand why some people find it impossible to accept we have a magnificent player.

It’s Lukaku all over again, this - “all he does is score goals”.
I think he's good, I just find it weird how some people are seemingly utterly convinced he's flawless. There are people genuinely saying he didn't do anything wrong last night, which is frankly embarrassing. He made 2 or 3 real errors, of the sort that you'd be laughing at if it was a keeper from Peru or somewhere, and people are going 'nah he played really well, the media are just making stuff up'. I just can't understand why.

He was a very good keeper for us until the final 2 season, holds the record for clean sheets in a season in the prem era for us.

And I'm saying that as someone who absolutely despised him in his final few season

Like Shay Given, as soon as he lost his reactions he was useless. He was poor from 2011 onwards having a brief resurgence in Martinez’s good season. Pickford is a good keeper. Neuer and De Gea have all dropped clangers at the World Cup yet Pickforda getting stock for what is a borderline mistake in a game that didn’t matter.

I think he's good, I just find it weird how some people are seemingly utterly convinced he's flawless. There are people genuinely saying he didn't do anything wrong last night, which is frankly embarrassing. He made 2 or 3 real errors, of the sort that you'd be laughing at if it was a keeper from Peru or somewhere, and people are going 'nah he played really well, the media are just making stuff up'. I just can't understand why.
Nah I’m not saying he’s flawless. No player is flawless. Everyone has room for improvement, always.

But he is very good.

Howard was boss years ago but I mean his last couple of years he was awful l. Absolutely terrible.. pixkford has come and has had to play behind some of the worst defenders I've ever seen at Everton. Play behind different defenders every week and he still had a good season

I like him me one of my fav players probably only behind Coleman

I think it's more the fact that he was singled out last night by the punditry, when there were much worse performances on the pitch.

But he's still young and learning, just a pity this country is obsessed with causing its own failures at international tournaments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back