2017/18 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
About as relevant as you.
I replied to someone who was concerned about Pickfords height. A few of us brought up the names of very good keepers who like Pickford aren't giants.
Now you're standing in some self proclaimed goal keeping Valhalla dispensing nonsense about how Buffon wasn't that good and how you will be 'reserving judgement' on Pickford!
Ha, bet the lads having sleepless night's over that.

https://www.football365.com/news/southgate-responds-to-courtoiss-pickford-criticism

Southgate responds to Courtois’s Pickford criticism
Date published: Sunday 1st July 2018 3:27
Jordan-Pickford-1.jpg

Gareth Southgate has dismissed recent criticism over England goalkeeper Jordan Pickford.
Pickford has come under scrutiny after failing to keep a clean sheet as England made it out of Group G.
The Everton shot-stopper’s efforts in failing to keep out Adnan Januzaj’s strike against Belgium have been particular derided.
Belgium keeper Thibaut Courtois even weighed in, but Southgate is pleased with his man.
“I’m really pleased with his performances,” the England boss told talkSPORT.
“I don’t think he’s had much chance with the goals that have gone in, that’s a goalkeeper’s lot at times.
“He knows the belief I have in him. He is an important fit for the way we play.
“He’s got to make sure he knows the views of those that are important and, like everybody else, cut himself away from the outside views that can start to inhibit your thinking.”
When Courtois’ comments were put to him, Southgate added: “I remember when we were talking about young goalkeepers at a conference once.
“Martin Thomas, who’s a brilliant coach educator now, was under-21 goalkeeping coach and was talking about the difference between a couple of goalkeepers.
“Size-wise, he said at the end of the day, you’re talking about a Cadbury’s Creme Egg between them.
“Of course some keepers are 6ft 6in, but they have attributes that they are not so good at. And you get slightly smaller ones who are athletically better and have different skill sets.
“It’s rare to find perfection in anybody.”

one of these goalkeepers is going to have a world cup winners medal

Hugo Lloris - Tottenham - 1.88m
Fernando Muslera - Galatasaray - 1.90m
Igor Akinfeev - CSKA Moscow - 1.85m
Kasper Schmeichel - Leicester City - 1.90m
Danijel Subasic - Monaco - 1.91m
Guillermo Ochoa - Standard Liege - 1.85m
Robin Olsen - Copenhagen - 1.98m
Alisson Becker - Roma - 1.93m
Yann Sommer - Borussia Monchengladback - 1.83m
Thibaut Courtois - Chelsea - 1.99m
Jordan Pickford - Everton - 1.85m
David Ospina - Arsenal - 1.83m
Eiji Kawashima - Metz - 1.85m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back