Transfer Rumour Juan Mata

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will be their right-winger in a 4-3-3 according to many journos/pundits:

Martial ------ Zlatan ------ Mkhitaryan

--------- CM ---------- CM -----------

---------------- DM -------------------

So even then, Mata wouldn't be needed. There isn't a chance Mourinho will keep Mata around anyway, he isn't mobile, quick or strong enough to fit in his system. You need to build the team around Mata to get the best out of him i.e. have players running around him doing the tackling and harrassing.

This is why I am not keen on the signing, honestly think we should be aiming for better players now. And no, I'm not a Kopite! Just an Everton fan with an opinion.

Which better players do you think we could realistically get?

Which better players do you think we could realistically get?

I said 'better' players, not household names or 'world class'.

In this league, we need quick, strong players. I'll compile a list when I can be bothered but there are some very good players out there who would be cheaper than Mata and suit the league far better.

He had a decent spell at Chelsea but again, the system was built around him. Koeman likes high pressure, intense football. Mata won't offer this.

Van Gaal loved him because his football was plodding, posession, sideways style.

I said 'better' players, not household names or 'world class'.

In this league, we need quick, strong players. I'll compile a list when I can be bothered but there are some very good players out there who would be cheaper than Mata and suit the league far better.

He had a decent spell at Chelsea but again, the system was built around him. Koeman likes high pressure, intense football. Mata won't offer this.

Van Gaal loved him because his football was plodding, posession, sideways style.

I know you did, I didn't suggest 'world class', and I would absolutely class Juan Mata as a household name, in the UK at least.

I think expectations need to be reigned in a bit here. Yes we have money now, but that doesn't mean we can suddenly go out and get whoever the hell we want, we need to improve on what we've got and start challenge for cups and at the very least for a champions league place for a few years before huge names would even consider us.

In my opinion, since Arteta left, Baines has been our best technical footballer for years. He's got everything and has been consistently one of our better players year on year. I think Mata is technically a more gifted footballer than Baines and he would instantly become our best creative midfielder.

Same with the other name we've been majorly linked with in Witsel, yes he's not the best player out there, but he would instantly become our best central midfielder ahead of McCarthy, Barry and Besic. This is the type of player we need to get in to improve us enough to allow us to get 'bigger and better' names in the future.

It's all about improvement. Mata would improve us

People complaining we're after Juan Mata. You need a proper reality check.

Where has this sense of entitlement come from? An injection of cash has got you acting like it's a game of Championship Manager.

Here's a few reminders.

We've never won the European Cup in our history.

The last time we won the league was in the 80's.

The last time we won a trophy was the mid-90's.

Our last two league finishes have been the bottom half.

Reign it in. He's the very best that's realistically available for us at this present moment.

Where has this sense of entitlement come from? An injection of cash has got you acting like it's a game of Championship Manager.

Here's a few reminders.

Reign it in. He's the very best that's realistically available for us at this present moment.

Surely wanting a lesser known more mobile player in our team than Mata means I have my feet on the ground?

Mata is just a name, people are excited about him because of his name. Please, someone watch highlights of Mata last few seasons. He's been average at best.

That we don't. surely that is an issue though. The media and players probably think there is a lack of professionalism on our part due to how slow Everton are.

Here's a few reminders.

spot on.

Especially considering mata or witsel walk in tomorrow and they are already our best midfielders at the club. I include ross in that list as well.

Surely wanting a lesser known more mobile player in our team than Mata means I have my feet on the ground?

Mata is just a name, people are excited about him because of his name. Please, someone watch highlights of Mata last few seasons. He's been average at best.

Mata is just a name. He has won the World Cup, the Euros, Champions League, Europa League. We have players who have won ........

That we don't. surely that is an issue though. The media and players probably think there is a lack of professionalism on our part due to how slow Everton are.

Why is it an issue, its been going on for about 20 years, we had "dithering Dave" for long enough.

I doubt the media or players its got anything to do with professionalism to be honest, i highly doubt that comes into the equation.

Why is it an issue, its been going on for about 20 years, we had "dithering Dave" for long enough.

I doubt the media or players its got anything to do with professionalism to be honest, i highly doubt that comes into the equation.

Surely that needs to change though, we have more competition than ever for players. Teams like Stoke can easily pip us to players if we take too long

Going after lesser known players from lesser leagues for less money is what we've been doing for years now and has got us nowhere really.

Getting a proven Premier league, and Champions league footballer still in their 20s for less than £30 million (as I've seen reported) would be a very good buy and what we need to move us forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back