Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Juan Mata

Status
Not open for further replies.
No need to have such a go or call anyone names, sharps. The lad's rightly pointing out that Esk will post when he has info and he gets pestered enough. Even if it isn't you normally doing the pestering.

No the way he put it was a bit insulting....not having that.

Anyway....Esk has replied so alls good

Maybe the 'because Everton' over the years has ruined many of our hopes and expectations but I'm still very pessimistic about Mata and Witsel both coming off. I pray to be proven wrong...

Perhaps, like. He's right though. Just probably aimed it at the wrong poster.

Anyway, let's all put on our Mata face masks and bum.

The English langauge is not always as clear as we would hope - and by no means picking fault in what you have said /written.

But for clarity can you confirm - just for my own interest/peace of mind:

Does that mean you have a Mata face mask and a Mata bum OR you have a Mata facemask which you will wear whilst bumming someone else?

Mata, as i have said previously is a bit of an odd player in all honesty. Casual fans seem to think he isn't that good but his statistics suggest otherwise. considering how he has got to here from valencia, bit bizaare all round.

But

I am genuinely excited to see him in a blue shirt. He is Head and shoulders better than any other creative player have had since kanchelskis and we was a winger, certainly the premium version of arteta. I believe he will be a massive player for us, player of the season and be a difference between us being at the arse end of the pack this season and actually have an opportunity to compete.

When you think that Barkley at Christmas was right up there in terms of assists I honestly think you would have to expect Mata to top the assists charts next year for the prem (maybe Ozil exempt). The only worry I have is that other people wont be on the same page as him when he gets here and hell be playing balls to where people should be but arent and he'll end up with the crowd on his back. I do think that he will come in though and slot straight in. If a sports psychologist can get Barkley over his aversion to tackling then I can see this team flourishing with Barkley becoming the box to box player we want him to be, real pace on the wings and a striker who scored 25 goals last season despite having 3 months off!!

Mata, as i have said previously is a bit of an odd player in all honesty. Casual fans seem to think he isn't that good but his statistics suggest otherwise. considering how he has got to here from valencia, bit bizaare all round.

But

I am genuinely excited to see him in a blue shirt. He is Head and shoulders better than any other creative player have had since kanchelskis and we was a winger, certainly the premium version of arteta. I believe he will be a massive player for us, player of the season and be a difference between us being at the arse end of the pack this season and actually have an opportunity to compete.
Most casual fans also thought Martinez was doing a good job for us right until he got sacked though.

When you think that Barkley at Christmas was right up there in terms of assists I honestly think you would have to expect Mata to top the assists charts next year for the prem (maybe Ozil exempt). The only worry I have is that other people wont be on the same page as him when he gets here and hell be playing balls to where people should be but arent and he'll end up with the crowd on his back. I do think that he will come in though and slot straight in. If a sports psychologist can get Barkley over his aversion to tackling then I can see this team flourishing with Barkley becoming the box to box player we want him to be, real pace on the wings and a striker who scored 25 goals last season despite having 3 months off!!

I think your point also links into the fitness levels or lack of as the case was last year for whatever reason. Hopefully the new fitness coach and the physical conditioning of the players this seasons means that they will actauly be in those positions that you talk about to receive the pass without overstretching or presenting vulnerabilities for the opposition to exploit.

i think the main reason why these deals are getting done now rather than in a few days is exactly this reason, the team can train together and learn how they are going to play. Previously martinez had no plan on getting the team to create for the striker, so lukaku getting chances relied on him and his team mates thinking outside the box rather than the tactics themselves. I can't stress enough that i believe Koeman is a far more competent manager than martinez will ever be and as a result i can see lukaku having that team play for him, with these two key players in that,

But generally it gives us options now, which we have not had before. Barkley and mata can provide different roles, or the same one. We can pack the middle with barry/mccarthy/witsel/besic or we can have 2 AM on the pitch. In fact a barkley witsel and mata combination would be able to cover so much ground on the pitch between them with one sitting in the hole etc See differnet appraoches to games with different results, options.

and if one thing koeman had at southampton it was options,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back