Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Juan Mata

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interestingly on the latest Echo podcast they played both Mata and Begovic down as hypotheticals, they didn't seem convinced at all that we were genuinely in for either player. Not that I'd take their word above our own on here, but it does show that their finger is not on the pulse in regards to transfers.

Also they weren't keen on signing Mata.

What did they say about Witsel?

Interestingly on the latest Echo podcast they played both Mata and Begovic down as hypotheticals, they didn't seem convinced at all that we were genuinely in for either player. Not that I'd take their word above our own on here, but it does show that their finger is not on the pulse in regards to transfers.

The Echo blokes have changed tact on us the last month or so i think mate, gone from trying to be positive to being really down on everything, makes me wonder if they tried to spin there coverage in an attempt to get an 'in' at the club and it failed and they are butt hurt now.

In true GOT style though, They know nothing...

Is it so wrong to question what the delay is? These players have been linked for ages and still haven't signed. Pre season has started so it's not exactly ideal is it? There's been a lot of hype about this new era without much evidence of anything being done yet. Koeman has gone from about 15% on the GOT poll to the new Messiah. Meanwhile Utd are about to make their fourth major signing for £100m.
Obviously I hope it all works out brilliant but I think we need to see how this summer actually pans out before we start going around telling everyone how massive we are.

What did they say about Witsel?

More positive on Witsel, weren't questioning whether we were in for him, rather would he be a marquee signing or not. They must've had a tidbit from the club on him.

The Echo blokes have changed tact on us the last month or so i think mate, gone from trying to be positive to being really down on everything, makes me wonder if they tried to spin there coverage in an attempt to get an 'in' at the club and it failed and they are butt hurt now.

In true GOT style though, They know nothing...

There was a running theme of 'well why would these players join Everton?' But I think it's fair to ask that question when the answer is really just money and a dream right now. There's a good chance you're right about them being knocked back by the club though, they don't know much.

Is it so wrong to question what the delay is? These players have been linked for ages and still haven't signed. Pre season has started so it's not exactly ideal is it? There's been a lot of hype about this new era without much evidence of anything being done yet. Koeman has gone from about 15% on the GOT poll to the new Messiah. Meanwhile Utd are about to make their fourth major signing for £100m.
Obviously I hope it all works out brilliant but I think we need to see how this summer actually pans out before we start going around telling everyone how massive we are.

do we know there is a delay though with Mata? Everton haven't leaked anything to anyone about who we are or aren't signing. Esk has said he believes that we will be signing him but if it wasn't for his bits of info none of us would have a clue if we were in talks with him. Player just got back Wednesday and maybe he wants to take his time in deciding if Everton is the right move.

Let's not forget, we've finished 11th the last 2 seasons so on paper we look a pretty crap proposition. I'm sure Koeman and Moshiri are doing all they can behind the scenes to get the players in we need.

I don't think it will be long mate before we see a couple of signings come in and until then I think we all have to show a little patience until that moment arrives. If we don't get our main targets like Mata and Witsel I'm sure we have other targets who are more easily obtainable.

10,000% this.

It's likely a lot is going on behind the scenes, but fans want to see results and see new players brought in. That feel-good factor which Martinez cruelly stole away from us still hasn't returned yet. Not for me anyway. It'll take a lot of money spent and a lot of good players brought in.

Agree here.

Our squad needs alot of work and we have made nothing but noise this summer. We have tons of money to spend and we have been linked with players for weeks and weeks now. Mata tweeting yesterday that he's back in training and tagging UTD in just doesn't feel right. Surely there is a reason why its taking so damn long. I wanted signings done early so we can get everyone in training and be ready for the start of the season. The Esk said Witsel was an Everton player 2 days ago right?. Yet according to his social media hes sunning it up on holiday. How can he be an Everton player without a medical?.

More positive on Witsel, weren't questioning whether we were in for him, rather would he be a marquee signing or not. They must've had a tidbit from the club on him.

There was a running theme of 'well why would these players join Everton?' But I think it's fair to ask that question when the answer is really just money and a dream right now. There's a good chance you're right about them being knocked back by the club though, they don't know much.

Yet strangely they don't ask the same questions when it comes to players joining Liverpool - joke of a paper and the few 'semi - journalists' they have on there are going further back each year, be interesting how if we do what we are hoping this summer and add 3-4 very good and known players and the rs basically add mane and a bunch of foreign kids no ones heard of - how they spin it to show they had the best window, which they will do, will all be about Klopps following his Dortmund strategy and showing he doesnt need money to succeed etc

What delay?

Yet strangely they don't ask the same questions when it comes to players joining Liverpool - joke of a paper and the few 'semi - journalists' they have on there are going further back each year, be interesting how if we do what we are hoping this summer and add 3-4 very good and known players and the rs basically add mane and a bunch of foreign kids no ones heard of - how they spin it to show they had the best window, which they will do, will all be about Klopps following his Dortmund strategy and showing he doesnt need money to succeed etc

But they're der best club in der werld mate, we're plucky little Everton. They'll catch on one day but only after burying their head in the sand until it's impossible not to.

Imagine they were advocating signing Robson-Kanu the absolute small time gang of farts

imagesCAL7SXCI.webp

Its bound to get worse as well mate!

Some people have totally unrealistic views on life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back