Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Juan Mata

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Talksport, Mata is very popular with the players and they want him to stay. Maybe, Jose wants to keep harmony and has decided to keep him and Mata will get his head down.

It's more believable that, than some people on here saying Mata will take a paycut to join us.

Have faith in the new regime if it's a week to go in August and we haven't had any significant moves then I'll be joining you with the pitchforks until then enjoy the ride
Trying so hard mate, but my leaning is towards the not much has changed camp unfortunately, as much as I trust what esk says we have been here so many times as a club, just smells of phantom bids

According to Talksport, Mata is very popular with the players and they want him to stay. Maybe, Jose wants to keep harmony and has decided to keep him and Mata will get his head down.

It's more believable that, than some people on here saying Mata will take a paycut to join us.

Nicest guy in football

Being linked or told these players are coming weeks ago. Yes business is business etc but it's obviously not as nailed on as people think otherwise it would've already been done. Is that not a fair assessment?

Considering we all have literally no idea how football really work i'd say it isn't a fair assessment no.

Trying so hard mate, but my leaning is towards the not much has changed camp unfortunately, as much as I trust what esk says we have been here so many times as a club, just smells of phantom bids
To be fair you do have a point there is no real concrete bids or media leaks unusual in today's world. Either means we are faffing around or goin about stuff behind watertight closed doors my money is on the former

Agree here.

Our squad needs alot of work and we have made nothing but noise this summer. We have tons of money to spend and we have been linked with players for weeks and weeks now. Mata tweeting yesterday that he's back in training and tagging UTD in just doesn't feel right. Surely there is a reason why its taking so damn long. I wanted signings done early so we can get everyone in training and be ready for the start of the season. The Esk said Witsel was an Everton player 2 days ago right?. Yet according to his social media hes sunning it up on holiday. How can he be an Everton player without a medical?.

So - he was always going to be on his Jollies because of being involved in the Euros.

How do you know he hasn't had some medial stuff done (unless of course you are his quack)- or even had some preliminary stuff done - with the final bits to be completed when he heads over for the formalities and to pick up his first bag of Everton mints??

Last edited:
Is it so wrong to question what the delay is? These players have been linked for ages and still haven't signed. Pre season has started so it's not exactly ideal is it? There's been a lot of hype about this new era without much evidence of anything being done yet. Koeman has gone from about 15% on the GOT poll to the new Messiah. Meanwhile Utd are about to make their fourth major signing for £100m.
Obviously I hope it all works out brilliant but I think we need to see how this summer actually pans out before we start going around telling everyone how massive we are.

It depends on whether there has been a delay at all. Realistically, Koeman has been in the job for all of 8 days. He's been on holiday, players have been/still are on Holiday. Agents will likely have more than 1 player on their books, and most do. If for arguments sake, they have 10 players on their books, each one will demand a certain amount of their time for the fee they charge, so Mata's agent, whoever it may be may have spent maybe 14-21 hours max on his client? I'm surmising, but the point stands, the timescales we are talking about in football and business terms are absolutely tiny, negligible really.

The difference with other clubs is that they have been chasing the signings they are making now as they had a fair idea of the position they would be in for long long before the 1st July. Everton has undergone massive change in the past few months, meaning that our ambitions have changed, for the better, and with that, our realistic targets have also changed. Players that we had put the groundwork in on may no longer match the level we are targeting. The assumption of most seems to be that a team is contacted about a player, permission is given to speak to them and the contact is made with the player leading to a signature, and its all done and dusted within a matter of days.

The reality is, that even with last minute signings on deadline day, there is likely to have been nearly 6 months of work gone in prior to the actual signing. Butter the player up, find out if the contact with the club is worthy of their time, will the player be at all interested, what kind of wage will he be likely looking for? How will he fit in the team? What does his purchase mean for the wages structure? Hundreds of questions to be answered and poured over, and some think that 8 days, 2 of which being a weekend for the administrative staff, is a delay.

I'm just glad that some of you's are not my project lead.

I am work, Mobile powered on checking twitter, Pc on sky transfers live, GOT, NSNO and Echo....
But Just for scientific purposes you understand...I am completely calm and am willing to wait until at least 11am today before Mata and Witsel are announced..
Chill people ffs !!!!

beans1.webp
I wonder what sort of day it is going to be in here today - inital indications are --->
beans2.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back