Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Juan Mata

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not discounting how hard it is but the attractions relative to a year ago are huge and compare very favourably certainly with Stoke.

There's also the prospect of being part of the NW power house of Man U, Man C, Liverpool and ourselves. That's how we are pitching ourselves, and I'm totally convinced it will work.

This could be your jumping the shark moment mate.

Let's hope it happens though.

You are forgetting we are an entirely different proposition now than we were 12 months ago.

What we are offering our targets now compared to then is as different as chalk and cheese.

We are, but how easy is it to sell that future to prospective big name projects? At the moment we are a club who finished 11th two seasons in a row and were left something of a laughing stock by Martinez' inept management. Until we see some success on the pitch (a rapid climb back to c.6th, getting in the EL, maybe a Cup win) all that we have to entice new players with is the offer of top-whack wages. So many clubs around Europe have the financial resources to make big name signings, Everton's name hardly stands out here at the moment as a club of choice.

Is our strategy to offer huge wages to get the project moving forward, get bigger name players in, build momentum, attract more attention, make a name for ourselves and then we review the strategy in two seasons' time?

This could be your jumping the shark moment mate.

Let's hope it happens though.

Why?

London clubs rely heavily on the attraction of London as a city, not just their own clubs. There is a definite feeling of the sum being greater than parts about playing for a London club.

It's a viable strategy for the North West. We are a hot bed of football investment, we have collectively 4 of the most high profile managers in the game, and we represent far more potential and upside than any of the others.

It doesn't matter that we may currently be the junior club in terms of recent achievement, it's all about what we will achieve in the future and who we can attract going forward.

Why?

London clubs rely heavily on the attraction of London as a city, not just their own clubs. There is a definite feeling of the sum being greater than parts about playing for a London club.

It's a viable strategy for the North West. We are a hot bed of football investment, we have collectively 4 of the most high profile managers in the game, and we represent far more potential and upside than any of the others.

It doesn't matter that we may currently be the junior club in terms of recent achievement, it's all about what we will achieve in the future and who we can attract going forward.

Am loving the relentless optimism amongst the sea of gloom on this site! Keep it coming mate!

Why?

Liverpool and Manchester are not attractive cities to players from abroad.

I know every opinion is valid, but some of the posters on here get right on my nerves with their negativity, gloom and nay-saying. Thank goodness for the "ignore" button!

It's a brand new day for our club, our time has come! Get with the program!

We are, but how easy is it to sell that future to prospective big name projects? At the moment we are a club who finished 11th two seasons in a row and were left something of a laughing stock by Martinez' inept management. Until we see some success on the pitch (a rapid climb back to c.6th, getting in the EL, maybe a Cup win) all that we have to entice new players with is the offer of top-whack wages. So many clubs around Europe have the financial resources to make big name signings, Everton's name hardly stands out here at the moment as a club of choice.

Is our strategy to offer huge wages to get the project moving forward, get bigger name players in, build momentum, attract more attention, make a name for ourselves and then we review the strategy in two seasons' time?

Firstly we are a much bigger name in Europe than you appear to give us credit for Doug.

Secondly, Koeman is a hugely attractive name in Europe, one of the reasons no doubt that Moshiri had him as number one. Further evidence of his attraction was our ability to acquire one of the most coveted goalkeeper coaches and I am sure when we conclude on our DoF.

It might be that we have to pay a risk premium to begin with, certainly if I was an agent I would be looking for that, but that is probably in the form of higher win and success bonuses - which we would all be happy to be paid.

Finally Moshiri and Ryazantsev are now representing the club externally and the difference in approach, style and substance between them and BK/RE cannot be overstated. Similarly Koeman and Martinez.

Liverpool and Manchester are not attractive cities to players from abroad.

Manchester is the fastest growing area in the country and has been for some time.

Now quite easily England's second city, and with Mourinho and Pep there, with Klopp and Koeman just down the road, plus the base of the BBC, the north west will continue to grow.

I live near Leeds. A city that has grown but still is in the shadow of Manchester really just down to the fact that it hasn't had a PL football team in over 10 years...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back