Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Juan Mata

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the worst posts I've ever seen.

They're not some provincial backwater you couldn't point out on a map.

Both comfortably inside the top 5 places to live in England.

OK let me rephrase.

If a player from abroad gets an offer from a club situated in London and a club situated up North in Manchester/Liverpool, 9 times out of 10 he would choose London if the money is similiar.

I don't like it, it's just what it is - a fact. I would also choose London everytime. It's an amazing place to live when earning tens of thousands a week.

Firstly we are a much bigger name in Europe than you appear to give us credit for Doug.

Secondly, Koeman is a hugely attractive name in Europe, one of the reasons no doubt that Moshiri had him as number one. Further evidence of his attraction was our ability to acquire one of the most coveted goalkeeper coaches and I am sure when we conclude on our DoF.

It might be that we have to pay a risk premium to begin with, certainly if I was an agent I would be looking for that, but that is probably in the form of higher win and success bonuses - which we would all be happy to be paid.

Finally Moshiri and Ryazantsev are now representing the club externally and the difference in approach, style and substance between them and BK/RE cannot be overstated. Similarly Koeman and Martinez.

I know we are still a big name, but we are a club without European football next season and are one of a multitude of clubs splashing the cash on transfers. Our profile will rise very quickly once we start performing on the pitch and the new stadium site is secured. That will convince other players that the project is for real. For the moment, I can see why bigger name players might just be a tad reticent about wanting to commit to us. I really do believe that we have a strategy for the first two years and then a new strategy kicks in after that if all has gone well.

Manchester is the fastest growing area in the country and has been for some time.

Now quite easily England's second city, and with Mourinho and Pep there, with Klopp and Koeman just down the road, plus the base of the BBC, the north west will continue to grow.

I live near Leeds. A city that has grown but still is in the shadow of Manchester really just down to the fact that it hasn't had a PL football team in over 10 years...

Do you honestly think a player will think "Oooh I'll go to Everton because Mourinho and Pep manage at clubs in the next city."

Jeez. Some serious straw clutching going on now.

You are forgetting we are an entirely different proposition now than we were 12 months ago.

What we are offering our targets now compared to then is as different as chalk and cheese on toast.

Fixed that for you mate. No thanks necessary.....

Back on topic....has he signed yet?

OK let me rephrase.

If a player from abroad gets an offer from a club situated in London and a club situated up North in Manchester/Liverpool, 9 times out of 10 he would choose London if the money is similiar.

I don't like it, it's just what it is - a fact. I would also choose London everytime. It's an amazing place to live when earning tens of thousands a week.

Its very much an individual thing - I've lived in London twice and hated it !

Reactions: JLW
Thats quite a sweeping statement and one that would probably not stand up to much scrutiny given the amount of foreign players that have moved in and around both of those cities over the years.

So did Shaqiri always dream of living in Stoke? Ravenelli always dreamed of living in Middlesbrough? (which is a right eyesore, I've been there)

No, it was money. If Shaqiri had the exact same offer from a club in London, he wouldn't have chose Stoke.

That was my original point, I just worded it badly.

Do you honestly think a player will think "Oooh I'll go to Everton because Mourinho and Pep manage at clubs in the next city."

Jeez. Some serious straw clutching going on now.

No, I'm saying Manchester (and thus the north west in general) is a prime place to live and the appointment of two massive names in sport is only going to increase that.

You were claiming it wasn't an attractive proposition, when it certainly is...

Its very much an individual thing - I've lived in London twice and hated it !

I would hate living in London on a normal person's salary. But earning the money footballers do it would be an amazing experience.

Anyway, way off topic. Had my say. Players won't choose Everton because of location. Not a chance.

Manchester is the fastest growing area in the country and has been for some time.

Now quite easily England's second city, and with Mourinho and Pep there, with Klopp and Koeman just down the road, plus the base of the BBC, the north west will continue to grow.

I live near Leeds. A city that has grown but still is in the shadow of Manchester really just down to the fact that it hasn't had a PL football team in over 10 years...

I live in Russia mate, besides London it's the only City that every single person i come across knows about from Britain - and usually meets with a nice positive reaction when they find out i'm from their.

Anyone thinking that the City doesn't have a pull (especially to people from abroad) are massively doing the place down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back