Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Juan Mata

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not straw clutching at all. Noone is pretending that would be the primary reason for joining Everton but nevertheless the footballing identity of the region is incredibly strong and given we can compete financially we should leverage off that.

In footballing terms as well as lifestyle the region compares equally favourably to London, that's part of the sales pitch, it would be foolish to think otherwise.

You would think normality and ease of travel would be big plusses over London,but then again footballers at times appear to be anything but normal.
These transfer's on the go at the moment just seem so protracted whereas United and City just seem to go in,grab what they want and job finished.
We always seem to be in so much competition with others and it is so frustrating,I long for the day when we too bully in on transfer targets,I am beginning to get a little concerned that we are leaving thing's a little late as usual and will make our usual slow start.

I live in Russia mate, besides London it's the only City that every single person i come across knows about from Britain - and usually meets with a nice positive reaction when they find out i'm from their.

Anyone thinking that the City doesn't have a pull (especially to people from abroad) are massively doing the place down

At the risk of going off topic, the NW in general (and I'm not from there myself) has an 'allure' to it due to its sporting identity and art/music history as well.

The effect of Man United, Liverpool, us and now City upon the British game should not be underestimated, while music wise obviously the area has produced the biggest and best ever in regards the Beatles, and then with Manchester you have Oasis - love them or hate them.

It means the cities are quickly identifiable wherever you are from really, granted if you haven't grown up in a poverty-stricken nation (and even then...)

So, I think the area has a charm and that shouldn't be under-stated. London clubs have the upper hand, and rightly so - it's the epicentre of the UK (sadly) and is becoming a bit of a monolith that seems to be uncontrollable in its current growth. However, the NW area still maintains an identity that foreign players identify with - especially in regards to somebody like Mata, who is already settled in the area.

Anyway, back to Mata. I think we'll see lots of movement on player incomings and outgoings now the god awful Euros are over.

I do think we'll land Mata going from what @The Esk has said. Again, I'm not keen but if he improves us I am all in.

There is no way he will stay at Man Utd under Jose. I spoke to a friend who is a Man Utd fan last night and he was adament that Mata will be first out of the door. So it's all about where he goes, not IF he goes.

You would think normality and ease of travel would be big plusses over London,but then again footballers at times appear to be anything but normal.
These transfer's on the go at the moment just seem so protracted whereas United and City just seem to go in,grab what they want and job finished.
We always seem to be in so much competition with others and it is so frustrating,I long for the day when we too bully in on transfer targets,I am beginning to get a little concerned that we are leaving thing's a little late as usual and will make our usual slow start.

Their fans think exactly the same way as we do mate - that they 'don't get things done quickly'

Transfers take time.

Even when it appears that a club has signed a player in a few days, that is never the case. A deal is usually weeks, if not months, in the offing.

Anyway, back to Mata. I think we'll see lots of movement on player incomings and outgoings now the god awful Euros are over.

I do think we'll land Mata going from what @The Esk has said. Again, I'm not keen but if he improves us I am all in.

There is no way he will stay at Man Utd under Jose. I spoke to a friend who is a Man Utd fan last night and he was adament that Mata will be first out of the door. So it's all about where he goes, not IF he goes.

It's over mate. He's signing for Leyton Orient. Wants to live near the National History Museum.

To be honest as much as the discussion on location is great and all, one little thing.

1. Mata is already in the area so means joining us he doesn't have to move house, which if he is settled then would be ideal scenario as we aren't as crap as west brom or someone like that.

2. Witsel will follow the money, so if we pay him what he wants, he will be eating fish and chips at the albert dock and enjoy his evenings at the krazyhouse and be perfectly fine about it.

To be honest as much as the discussion on location is great and all, one little thing.

1. Mata is already in the area so means joining us he doesn't have to move house, which if he is settled then would be ideal scenario as we aren't as crap as west brom or someone like that.

2. Witsel will follow the money, so if we pay him what he wants, he will be eating fish and chips at the albert dock and enjoy his evenings at the krazyhouse and be perfectly fine about it.

Spot on on Mata lad.

And on Witsel, exactly. You make your life in an area. There's enough draws in the NW for somebody coming from St Petersburg, I'm sure.

Spot on on Mata lad.

And on Witsel, exactly. You make your life in an area. There's enough draws in the NW for somebody coming from St Petersburg, I'm sure.

You never know mate - maybe his thing is eastern european pole dancers and someone has told him that over here they are like watching snot slide down a window !

I think people who aren't from Liverpool in the UK see Liverpool as being industrial and the basically having the docks. What you fail to understand is that there's 124k of coastline here and some of it is quite beautiful, for leisure we have seven championship golf courses and more courses per head of capita than the whole of Britain including two open venues, Royal Birkdale and Royal Liverpool. The World's greatest steeplechase the Grand National is here and Chester and Haydock races are down the road, and we have the most National museums and galleries outside of London, hence European capital of culture. The city centre is one of just over 1000 world heritage sites in the world awarded by the UN and we are internationally famous. The city is a draw internationally even though people in this country don't see it through constant negative media stories, and this is without me even getting into it.

Last edited:
;););)
I think people who aren't from Liverpool in the UK see Liverpool as being industrial and the basically having the docks. What you fail to understand is that there's 124k of coastline here and some of it is quite beautiful, for leisure we have seven championship golf courses and more courses per head of capita than the whole of Britain including two open venues, Royal Birkdale and Royal Liverpool. The World's greatest steeplechase the Grand National is here and Chester and Haydock races are down the road, and we have the most National museums and galleries outside of London, hence European capital of culture. The city centre is one of just over 1000 world heritage sites in the world awarded by the UN and we are internationally famous. The city is a draw internationally even though people in this country don't see it through constant negative media stories, and this is without me even getting into it.

Bravo Sir ! Bravo !

Of course it helps having major football teams nearby. The likes of Witsel for example I'm sure would be pleased that Lukaku, Mirallas, Mignolet, De Bruyne etc live locally. Things like that play a part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back