Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Juan Mata

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people who aren't from Liverpool in the UK see Liverpool as being industrial and the basically having the docks. What you fail to understand is that there's 124k of coastline here and some of it is quite beautiful, for leisure we have seven championship golf courses and more courses per head of capita than the whole of Britain including two open venues, Royal Birkdale and Royal Liverpool. The World's greatest steeplechase the Grand National is here and Chester and Haydock races are down the road, and we have the most National museums and galleries outside of London, hence European capital of culture. The city centre is one of just over 1000 world heritage sites in the world awarded by the UN and we are internationally famous. The city is a draw internationally even though people in this country don't see it through constant negative media stories, and this is without me even getting into it.
But dem scarsers r bindipperz m8

(Spot on though yeah)

Not joking mate, when i had my Psych interview by the Doctor as part of the residency procedure, soon as he found out i was from Liverpool he passed me and he spent the next 15 minutes asking me about the Beatles etc as he was a massive fan of them
wha wha whaaaaaat?

I think people who aren't from Liverpool in the UK see Liverpool as being industrial and the basically having the docks. What you fail to understand is that there's 124k of coastline here and some of it is quite beautiful, for leisure we have seven championship golf courses and more courses per head of capita than the whole of Britain including two open venues, Royal Birkdale and Royal Liverpool. The World's greatest steeplechase the Grand National is here and Chester and Haydock races are down the road, and we have the most National museums and galleries outside of London, hence European capital of culture. The city centre is one of just over 1000 world heritage sites in the world awarded by the UN and we are internationally famous. The city is a draw internationally even though people in this country don't see it through constant negative media stories, and this is without me even getting into it.

As someone who isn't from Liverpool I can tell that is wrong.

I have no links at all to Liverpool other than Everton, and would say me and people I know hold Liverpool as a city in high regard.

It's a vibrant and still up and coming city to most I know.

One of the worst posts I've ever seen.

They're not some provincial backwater you couldn't point out on a map.

Both comfortably inside the top 5 places to live in England.
Even if Liverpool or Manchester cities don't float your boat Cheshire has many affluent and very lovely areas, with the benefit of being close to Liverpool, Manchester and the M6

I have no links at all to Liverpool other than Everton, and would say me and people I know hold Liverpool as a city in high regard.

I suppose we're any easy target for those who want to hate, the media trot out the same old stuff all of the time and the haters lap it up, you can't mention Toxteth without them mentioning deprivation and some riots in 1981 (which happened all over the country by the way and despite it having so many amazing buildings). And our crime stats are some of the best in England but again you wouldn't know it from listening to the media or on the forums. I suppose, if you are actively searching for a target then we're here, if you're more level headed and look beyond the stereotypes then you will come to your own conclusions like you have yourself. I suppose I'm referring to 'many' people and not all.

Liverpool has a great reputation in Ireland. People over here love the city.

I suppose we're any easy target for those who want to hate, the media trot out the same old stuff all of the time and the haters lap it up, you can't mention Toxteth without them mentioning deprivation and some riots in 1981 (which happened all over the country by the way and despite it having so many amazing buildings). And our crime stats are some of the best in England but again you wouldn't know it from listening to the media or on the forums. I suppose, if you are actively searching for a target them we're here, if you're more level headed and look beyond the stereotypes then you make you come to your own conclusions like you have yourself. I suppose I'm referring to 'many' people and not all.

Liverpool has a great reputation in Ireland. People over here love the city.

Probably worth adding that of course me and my friends don't speak for everyone. One of my best mates married a scouser (a blue thank the lord) and she couldn't wait to and visit and now she loves it.

But yeah, it does get bad press for no real reason.

haha i'd have thought we are seen as a city full of smackheads, thieves and unemployed personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back