Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Juan Mata

Status
Not open for further replies.
Behave yourself mate, all that stuff gets sorted out in hours on the last day of the transfer window.
I am very well behaved. Have you also noticed how much people pay over the odds on deadline day? I remember a certain loveable team paying 35 million for Andy Carroll as they had no other choice, Man Utd paying 28 million for Fellaini, we even spent supposedly around 15 million on McCarthy (I like the lad but he wasn't worth that). So yeah deadline day deals are completed very quickly because teams are desperate, why should we rush Mata? It's also worth noting that most BIG signings are completed way before deadline day because on big transfers things like sponsorship and image rights matter a lot more. The media knew Zlatan was joining United about a month before it happened for example. I don't think someone like McCarthy (the most we've ever spent on deadline day) really cared about image rights the same way a household name and handsome face like Mata does, do you?

Agree here.

Our squad needs alot of work and we have made nothing but noise this summer. We have tons of money to spend and we have been linked with players for weeks and weeks now. Mata tweeting yesterday that he's back in training and tagging UTD in just doesn't feel right. Surely there is a reason why its taking so damn long. I wanted signings done early so we can get everyone in training and be ready for the start of the season. The Esk said Witsel was an Everton player 2 days ago right?. Yet according to his social media hes sunning it up on holiday. How can he be an Everton player without a medical?.
The transfer window has been open for eight days ffs

Yeah, but all the rumours seemes to originate from this forum. No mention of us and Mata anywhere before Esk posted about our interest.
Those of us who've been here a while have learnt to have a lot of trust for what The Esk says. We've heard him speak eloquently on the radio and educate us on the financial problems we faced pre-Moshiri, and more lately about how to navigate finacial fair play. He has been able to pass on so much information from his contacts about the direction the club are moving. A lot of the media still don't have a clue what is happening at Everton, they are bemused that Koeman has even come to us.

He's 1/6 to sign for us with the bookies and has been mentioned in most newspapers at some stage
See below.
Hahaha
and the 1/6 odds for him coming here!
See below.
Yeah, but all the rumours seemes to originate from this forum. No mention of us and Mata anywhere before Esk posted about our interest.
Correct. Bookies aren't going to drop odds because a rumour is in a few places, they drop them based on people betting on it, so people could be taking what Esk has said and then lumping a load on it, bookies then change odds. Let's not forget, at one point Emery was an odds on favourite.

See below.

See below.

Correct. Bookies aren't going to drop odds because a rumour is in a few places, they drop them based on people betting on it, so people could be taking what Esk has said and then lumping a load on it, bookies then change odds. Let's not forget, at one point Emery was an odds on favourite.
The power of Esk.

See below.

See below.

Let's wait and see what happens.
I know the source I'll put more faith in though

The transfer window doesn't close for another 48 DAYS. If we're getting players of Mata or Witsel's quality to sign a 5 yr contract with Everton, then what does a few weeks difference really make??

Yes, it's exciting and you want them in asap, but calm the fudge down.

Some people must have no worries in life if this is what they get worked up about.

I bet you were all nightmare children during the run up to christmas you excitable beasts.

If I had a time machine and an invisibility cloak, I'd go back in time and replace all of your presents with :eek:.

Christ mate - couldnt you have gone for a more traditional approach like returning to a couple of Tangerines, an Apple and a bag of Nuts!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back