Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Juan Mata

Status
Not open for further replies.
So today's discussion seems to be about whether or not @The Esk is a lizard or was seen on a Grassy Knoll in Dallas, November 22, 1963.

giphy.gif

esk only hears this info as he's drifting off to sleep next to the heater vents in the underground carpark by goodison, the vent is the extraction from the board room where mr mosh and Bk conduct the transfer dealings!

Esk has led us all further and further into the desert, with the promise of an Oasis. I'm starting to die of thirst. Needs to be sorted soon! (Still following like)

Nonsense.
RM like all managers has made bad moves in the transfer market.
Our neighbours Liverpool have turned it into an art form, it may even become an Olympic event because of them.
However, RM did bring Lukau, Besic, Deulofeu, Galloway, McCarthy,Lennon,Funes Mori to the club as well as seeing John Stones turn into a 50m pound player in his time as well as Barkley establishing himself as a key player.

Yes, there have been poor transfers as well, but the basis of a really good team is in place and that is why players of the calibre of Mata, Witsel and others are potential additions to the squad.
Two seasons ago we were to five, there is no reason why that can't be matched or bettered.

I think this is an adept post. Football fans are all or nothing, we've seen it with Moyes and likely will with Martinez too. Martinez's management of off field affairs was very good. Bizarrely I think he'd make a very good DOF. The way he spoke of the club, his ideas for training ground redevelopment and his appointment and support of David Unsworth are big plus points. He also left us with a younger squad than he inherited and probably one that is potentially more talented though is more unbalanced.

Lads like Browning, Garbutt, Galloway and to a lesser degree Barkley & Stones all came to prominence under him. The first 3 names wouldn't be in contention for the first team squad had it not been for him and it is doubtful Barkley and Stones would have got the game time. Transfers wise Besic is talented, Robles has done ok and Lukaku we will make a big profit on if we were to sell him. I think Mori will come good as well. Deulofeu is also talented. Niasse and Kone were a bit of a miss.

His big issue was on the field. Not only could he not get the best out of them but towards the end he just looked clueless how to set a side up in the premier league. He was a dreamer who worried about big ideas and lost site of the nitty gritty stuff.

I think it's a stretch to say Witsel/Mata etc are interested because of him, I think that is mainly down to Moshiri. However I think he has left the manager with a good number of players who could step up to the first team and some lads in their early 20's who have great experience.

Not going to post what I've heard about Mata today. Don't want to risk being labelled as a Kopite again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back