Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Juan Mata

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is probably going to get me pelters, but I'll say it regardless

Do we really need him?

As in, is there a gaping hole in the side that we desperately need Juan Mata to fill?

He's a big signing and a quality player certainly, but would he ultimately be a big signing for the sake of a big signing?

This isn't a WUM attempt BTW, it's just something I've been musing

Is it time we stop looking for big "statement" signings, and just start getting in the players who we most need?

Is it more important for Koeman to get the right players in and start building a strong team, or is it more important to see a big name player smiling while holding an Everton shirt, even if he's not really what we need at this moment in time?

I think a player of Matas ilk is this most important for this window at least. Pre-season we have been totally devoid of attacking ideas. Mata or someone similar can make that pass, drag players away to open space etc.

More important than any other signing in my eyes, followed by another striker to slot them.

Those who were giving it to @theEsk (hang heads in shame)

Seems that he was spot on about our interest in Juan Mata, people really need to take info for what it is

Nice on Chazzele

Look am not saying its actually happening, but right now am choosing to go with it after being linked with Bolasie (not that i think he would be the worst signing like, but still its not Mata).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back