Transfer Rumour Kalidou Koulibaly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it that South America can have their continental tournament in the summer months but Africa have to do it in January?

That cup of nations is a load of crap and I'd honestly avoid African players for that reason. NEA

No real point in keeping Stones, as good as he can be, if he doesn't want to be here. That just leads to the kind of performances we got from him last year, which were awful and mistake littered in truth.
This Kalidou guy seems very highly rated and if we think Stones is worth £50m, then it's up to his club to say what they think he's worth. It's up to us whether we are going to pay it.

No real point in keeping Stones, as good as he can be, if he doesn't want to be here. That just leads to the kind of performances we got from him last year, which were awful and mistake littered in truth.
This Kalidou guy seems very highly rated and if we think Stones is worth £50m, then it's up to his club to say what they think he's worth. It's up to us whether we are going to pay it.

Imagine how bad you would be at your job if your boss just stopped training you for 3 years.

Think it snows in Africa in the Summer mert.

Snow[edit]

Snow in the Atlas Mountains in Morocco.
Snow is an almost annual occurrence on some of the mountains of South Africa, including those of the Cedarberg and around Ceres, Western Cape in the South-Western Cape, and on the Drakensberg in Natal and Lesotho. Tiffendell Resort in the Drakensberg is the only commercial skiing that takes place in South Africa, and has "advanced snow-making capability" allowing skiing for three months of the year.[21] The Mountain Club of South Africa (MCSA) and the Mountain and Ski Club (MSC) [22] of the University of Cape Town both have equipped ski huts in the Hex River mountains. Skiing including snowboarding in the Cape is a hit-and-miss affair, both in terms of timing of snowfalls, and whether there is sufficient snow to cover the rocks.

Table mountain gets a light dusting of snow on the Front Table and also at Devil's Peak every few years. Snowfalls on Table Mountain took place on the 20 September 2013;[23] 30 Aug 2013;[24] 5 August 2011;[25] and on 15 June 2010.[26]

In Johannesburg, snow is a rare occurrence, and snowfall took place in May 1956, August 1962, June 1964, September 1981, August 2006, and on 27 June 2007,[27] accumulating up to 10 centimetres (3.9 in) in the southern suburbs.

Additionally, snow regularly falls in the Atlas Mountains in the Maghreb.

Looks like just South Africa really and it is rare at that.

How do they keep the igloos cold in the summer? We just chip away at ours to put it in our drinks and start over again come winter.

£40 million would be the very most I would pay for him. Could get a proven CB like Van Dijk for around that/bit less or even a Varane/Laporte for £40-45 million.

Massive, and ridiculous risk to take at 42m, would rather give Stones half of that to stay with us.

I would agree, IF Stones had shown even a tiny amount of commitment to our great club. He has wanted out for ages. I had hoped it was all scare mongering from a few people but it appears clear that he wants to make the step down to City. I agree with what it appears we are trying to do. Use the money to buy a highly rated and indeed better defender (not necessarily footballer, but someone who will put everything into stopping a goal), even if it means using the whole fee. If it means going head to head with Chelsea or any other media club then good. We need to forget the last 20 years and get back to being Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back