Transfer Rumour Kalidou Koulibaly

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would agree, IF Stones had shown even a tiny amount of commitment to our great club. He has wanted out for ages. I had hoped it was all scare mongering from a few people but it appears clear that he wants to make the step down to City. I agree with what it appears we are trying to do. Use the money to buy a highly rated and indeed better defender (not necessarily footballer, but someone who will put everything into stopping a goal), even if it means using the whole fee. If it means going head to head with Chelsea or any other media club then good. We need to forget the last 20 years and get back to being Everton.

Give Stones his due though, when we knocked Chelsea back Stones just got on with it, didn't kick up a fuss, and hopefully Koeman can convince him that as a club there are exciting times ahead for us (even though the echo are reporting he's said he wants out) also, at the end of the day, Stones is still a young lad.

Just think we don't need to spend £42m on a defender as well mate.

Give Stones his due though, when we knocked Chelsea back Stones just got on with it, didn't kick up a fuss, and hopefully Koeman can convince him that as a club there are exciting times ahead for us, also, at the end of the day, Stones is still a young lad.

Just think we don't need to spend £42m on a defender as well mate.

I wish that was true but I am not certain that he didn't kick up a fuss. Lukaku gets hammered for speaking his mind, and to a certain extent it appears a bit pathetic to want one thing one week and another the next all played out in front of reporters, but he does have a certain honesty about him. Stones has kept quiet but he has not once shown any loyalty to us. We held him to his contract last season and he repaid us with plenty of half ar**d performances. Last season he was crying over Chelsea, wanting to work with Mourinho, now it's Citeh and Pep. You can have all the talent in the world but if you are a self serving bell it will find you out in the long run. As a club we might end up weaker without Stones the footballer (though I have complete faith Koeman will find better), but will be better off without Stones the man (boy).

If Stones wants out and we sell him, then honestly don't give a flying one how much we spend on a replacement as long as it's the best vone we can attract, if this bloke costs everything we get for Stones and he's the best we can get to come, then go spend it, never known a team to get given points in the league for most frugal spenders really - but seent he likes of Arsenal miss out on Titles for not being willing to spend what it takes to get someone

I wish that was true but I am not certain that he didn't kick up a fuss. Lukaku gets hammered for speaking his mind, and to a certain extent it appears a bit pathetic to want one thing one week and another the next all played out in front of reporters, but he does have a certain honesty about him. Stones has kept quiet but he has not once shown any loyalty to us. We held him to his contract last season and he repaid us with plenty of half ar**d performances. Last season he was crying over Chelsea, wanting to work with Mourinho, now it's Citeh and Pep. You can have all the talent in the world but if you are a self serving bell it will find you out in the long run. As a club we might end up weaker without Stones the footballer (though I have complete faith Koeman will find better), but will be better off without Stones the man (boy).

first half of last season he was immense.

he went through a rough patch after christmas. last part of the season he was our best player, including a Rolls Royce of a display in the FA Cup semi

Will admit there was times last season were he stunk the place out, think as a team though we stunk the place out, but he is a huge talent who will go on to be world class IMO.

Will admit there was times last season were he stunk the place out, think as a team though we stunk the place out, but he is a huge talent who will go on to be world class IMO.

Maybe, but I want players who would run through a brick wall for Everton. I am more focused on who we can get in going forward, be that Koulibaly, VVD, Ragani or any other defender who will wear the shirt with pride.

If Stones goes which appears almost certain, I couldn't care less if he does alright or gets a bad injury. He will mean nothing.

first half of last season he was immense.

he went through a rough patch after christmas. last part of the season he was our best player, including a Rolls Royce of a display in the FA Cup semi

He looked absolutely class against Sunderland and Liverpool.

He looked absolutely class against Sunderland and Liverpool.

Stones didn't want to be here. His level of professionalism was dreadful culminating in many mistakes. He and Howard could be argued to go a long way to Martinez not getting the results.

So many individual mistakes. So much lack of fight
Koeman has proven he can knock up a defence with little talent therefore I am not concerned at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back