Transfer Rumour Kalidou Koulibaly

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I think Barnsley may well wish to check is whether there sell on applies if John asks to leave formally as I know of some cases where it's been null and void due to an official transfer request.

One thing I think Barnsley may well wish to check is whether there sell on applies if John asks to leave formally as I know of some cases where it's been null and void due to an official transfer request.

Sorry Barnsley but I would wait for this to happen...we could be talking £8m and they got what he was worth when we bought him.

Ruthless me:mad:

If Stones is definitely going I would love to get this guy but honestly can't see him coming to us, what can we offer that Napoli or other suitors can't?

Not many of those type of players about now mate, Loyalty hardly exists in footy anymore, it's all about who will pay the biggest wedge of wages.
Sadly, very true. However, money has always had the bigger draw, even back in the day before agent/commercial enterprises took over the game. The trouble is, now it has become a major distraction, with the wheeling and dealing getting as much headline (if not more) than the actual game!

....I expect the player loses the 10% he would be entitled to which helps cover some of the Barnsley sell-on. I wouldn't be surprised if EFC insisted on a transfer request.

If Stones is definitely going I would love to get this guy but honestly can't see him coming to us, what can we offer that Napoli or other suitors can't?

Higher wages and the guarantee of starting week in week out would be the only thing I reckon. Our just try to outbid Chelsea which would end up with either of us paying a very large amount at the end of it.

He looked absolutely class against Sunderland and Liverpool.

oh was awful in the derby.

Sunderland was the worst team performance I've ever seen (worse than the derby even)

Doesn't change the fact that he's a class player and will be missed.

However, if the money we get is invested back into a player of the ilk of Koulibaly, we'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back