Transfer Rumour Kalidou Koulibaly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or it does the opposite and teams seeing us actually spending £40m on one defender means they'll hike up the price for our other targets. I suspect for now a lot of teams are underestimating our financial clout.

Possibly, but as has been said many times, what is our financial clout? I mean we obviously better off than we where, but that was a pretty low bench mark....

Can we spend as much as City ad Chelsea, or are we competing financially with Arsenal, or Liverpool or Spurs? I dont know, and unless they have inside knowledge they are not sharing, neither does anyone else on this site, if they are honest with themselves.

Is he a £40/50m defender though mate.

Not yet mate , not in my book anyhow.
£25m tops at this moment I think.
Has really only had 1 good season and a decent run in the side in last 12 months.
The first season at Napoli there were doubts about his place throughout but has definately come on leaps and bounds.

Being a Senegalese international is a big minus for me.
Cant stand players missing 6 games for the African Cup of Nations but thats the way it is I suppose

didn't he do something which cost napoli a 10m sponsorship contract as well?

Yes he allegedly didnt agree to Napoli using his image rights so Napoli lost out on a few quid.
De Laurentsis the Napoli president is a bit of a mad thing and hates being out of pocket hence the fume at Koulibaly and his agent. He threatened to sue Chelsea to the tune of what he sees he lost if the player went there.
But thats paper talk and who knows , it does sound like he is off but where to is the question.

Is he a £40/50m defender though mate.

Is any defender worth that much

the prices on everyone has basically gone a little bit mentalist this summer
So hes not 6foot 5?

Looking at a team pic of Napoli he looks a little smaller than Raoul Albiol whose listed at 6'3 and about the same height as Reina who is listed at 6'1-6'2

732.jpg
napoli-v-juventus-fc-serie-a-567610403

players-of-napoli-pose-for-photo-prior-the-serie-a-match-between-ssc-picture-id490154324

Looking at a team pic of Napoli he looks a little smaller than Raoul Albiol whose listed at 6'3 and about the same height as Reina who is listed at 6'1-6'2

732.jpg

players-of-napoli-pose-for-photo-prior-the-serie-a-match-between-ssc-picture-id490154324

is he the one crouching down in the middle??

Definitely not. Pics above prove that I think.

Don't really think it matters but just amuses me when misinformation like that spreads. Like when people thought Mirallas was 6 foot just before we signed him.

Were we paying by the inch then........

732.jpg

Which one is he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back