Transfer Rumour Kalidou Koulibaly

Status
Not open for further replies.
We wont be spending 70-80 mil on 2 defenders

and not should we, no need for it.

Jagielka is still a good defender, Funes-Mori had a promising first season and I think both will be at their best under a manager who can organise a defence.

Bring in a quality replacement for Stones, and we've also got enough promising youngsters coming through (Browning, Pennington, Galloway and potentially Holgate as well) to be absolutely fine for the coming season.

Mori is proof that 10m buys you a real good centre back from abroad. Starter for Argentina and had an impressive first season with us. We could sell him now and would easily get 25m for him. Keep him for the long term, methinks.

Now let's sell ungrateful brat Stones and find another Mori-type defender from abroad. No need to spend 20/30/40m on a defender.

With the Stones money we should be able to get one centre back, Mata and Witsel. 25m, 15-20m and 10m. Get Kone and Niasse and McGeady off the books and all of their wages are sorted too, what with Howard, Pienaar, Osman and Hibbert gone as well.

Stones, Kone, Niasse and McGeady out, Mata, Witsel, centre back, goalkeeper and another good striker in.

and not should we, no need for it

Jagielka is still a good defender, Funes-Mori had a promising first season and I think both will be at their best under a manager who can organise a defence.

Bring in a quality replacement for Stones, and we've also got enough promising youngsters coming through (Browning, Pennington, Galloway and potentially Holgate as well) to be absolutely fine for the coming season.

Suppose the answer to this is how often Koeman intends to play 3 at the back mate, either way i see Stones leaving and a very high class replacement coming in for most of that money (Koulibaly or whoever), but can see us trying us trying to bring in Blind as well - likely not to cost more than the 12m united paid and can cover all across the back and defensive mid as well

Be well happy if we did that really

Suppose the answer to this is how often Koeman intends to play 3 at the back mate, either way i see Stones leaving and a very high class replacement coming in for most of that money (Koulibaly or whoever), but can see us trying us trying to bring in Blind as well - likely not to cost more than the 12m united paid and can cover all across the back and defensive mid as well

Be well happy if we did that really

I'd suspect (and hope) that depending on how the lads respond to it in pre-season and in training we should be switching to 5 at the back whenever we're up against a team with two forwards (Leicester, Watford etc.) as it's by far the most superior tactic to stop them.

Im a Napoli man and seen Khoulibaly a few times live and he is in my mind a solid defender, not too flashy and good reader of the game , makes a few mistakes when trying the odd pass and is not overly slick on the ball but makes up for it in the tackle and tgoing toe to toe with strikers.
Would definately suit the prem I think , sort of an Ivanovic about him.
Hes like a lad I used to play schools with who was better when the other team had the ball coz he went in and milled them out fair and square and play a short pass to someone who could pass.
Would think he would suit Funes Mori partnering rather than Jags in my mind.
I would like to see us signing him , sorry for Napoli but happy for us.
His name is dirt in Naples now as the president put it out there about how he is engineering a move away.
not sure how truthful it is.

Well seems the media have cottoned on we have abit of cash and we have moved up a tier in the 'teams to say who are also interested' league.
Last year we were in the same realms as palace, stoke n west ham.
Seems this year its chelsea, liverpool n spurs
That's exactly all it is. People need to relax.

Im a Napoli man and seen Khoulibaly a few times live and he is in my mind a solid defender, not too flashy and good reader of the game , makes a few mistakes when trying the odd pass and is not overly slick on the ball but makes up for it in the tackle and tgoing toe to toe with strikers.
Hes like a lad I used to play schools with who was better when the other team had the ball coz he went in and milled them out fair and square and play a short pass to someone who could pass.
His name is dirt in Naples now as the president put it out there about how he is engineering a move away.

didn't he do something which cost napoli a 10m sponsorship contract as well?

Is he a £40/50m defender though mate.

Even if hes not, its maybe the price we have to pay to kick start the influx
We were 11th last year, if we finnished 3rd id imgaine we would be talking less ( wages anyways ) to get him here

Even if hes not, its maybe the price we have to pay to kick start the influx
We were 11th last year, if we finnished 3rd id imgaine we would be talking less ( wages anyways ) to get him here

Or it does the opposite and teams seeing us actually spending £40m on one defender means they'll hike up the price for our other targets. I suspect for now a lot of teams are underestimating our financial clout.

We should be in for both.

Both would be fantastic but I do slightly worry about blocking the path for Galloway/Pennington. That kind of leads me onto the next question, what do you make of Mori? I like him, but do you think he is worth persevering with?

Or it does the opposite and teams seeing us actually spending £40m on one defender means they'll hike up the price for our other targets. I suspect for now a lot of teams are underestimating our financial clout.

Defo why they are thinking just sign £150m worth of players at once and unveil them... save hiking prices up.

NOW we know what the hold up is....

Just realised that wiki says he's 6'5 and people seem to be running with that.

He's 6'1- 6'2. Unless he's shot up 3 inches since I last saw him play....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back