Transfer Rumour Kalidou Koulibaly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Koeman's work with Fonte VVD Cedric and Bertrand should be enough to dispel doubts that any defensive signing will be a dud or a clown.
What saddens me, just imagine what a player john stones could have been working under koeman. Many everton's fans judgement is clouded because of his form post Christmas last season under Martinez. However many fans recognise class when they see it and john stones will develop into a world class player, just so sad it wasn't to be with us. I like you share your confidence that whoever koeman brings in, he will develop. Thank mori will also fulfil the promise he showed last season under koeman.

Would you go as high as 52 million for him mate? If thats what they demanded?

Isnt it funny and weird to be talking about these amounts.

Whats even funnier is that Stones is 'potentially' a world class player and may need a couple more seasons to get there whilst in my opinion Koulibaly already is one.

If we take the money as being 'relative' and sell Stones for £50+mil then buy Koulibaly for a similar fee then i think both would be world record transfers! City are also after Bonucci for a similar amount and hes 29...

Personally i think its a no brainer. If he adapts to the league we have the best defender in the prem. If he cant adapt then we would have every team in italy after him and im sure we could swap him for someone else there.

Essentially were "swapping" a 22 year old with world class potential for a world class 25 year old.

The sole reason to keep Stones isnt that he could be world class, its just because hes English. We need a good amount of English players as every top side has locals in it.

I'm quoted on here as saying the only player id swap stones for would be koulibaly. So, if its a case of paying £52mil for him then of course id pay it!!!

Hes pretty much got Napoli to 2nd in terms of keeping solid at the back and if he does the same for us i think it gets us top 6 with a top keeper. Thats worth the money.

It will also look good to other players that weve signed a world class player. Id just hope we get the young English lads in the squad asap to temper the loss of Stones.

Manolas turned down a new deal at Roma as well, also apparently a Chelsea target, interesting to see if they are after both or just one or the other, if one then be interesting that should we drive the price up on Koulibaly if they just simply switch to the 'reportedly' much cheaper option with Manolas

What saddens me, just imagine what a player john stones could have been working under koeman. Many everton's fans judgement is clouded because of his form post Christmas last season under Martinez. However many fans recognise class when they see it and john stones will develop into a world class player, just so sad it wasn't to be with us. I like you share your confidence that whoever koeman brings in, he will develop. Thank mori will also fulfil the promise he showed last season under koeman.
Think of it more as a start of an era rather than a missed oppertunity.

Cut out the deadwood from martinez's squad and sign some better players with better coach. if stones isn't here then he will just be anothe rformer player. At least we are selling him now and not last year when the money wouldn't have been invested and it would not have benefited us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back