Transfer Rumour Kalidou Koulibaly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why get howedes if we have the money for a far better CB who is younger and more suited to our league? The guy is a physical beast and has all the skills needed to take the league by storm.

If he settles in on day 1 hes easily the best CB in the league....why not sign the best?
good point, just alot of money for one cb. i always worry about players that have never played in england. look at mangala at city for example, he was going to be the leagues best cb, still can be, but the pressure of the epl is huge compared to playing for porto, especially when your the most expensive cb ever. goodison isnt a stadium clubs fear anymore, and it starts at the back. 2 solid proven cbs... but you are right, sign the best, im just still adjusting to the new money/doubting its going to change much this transfer window... i think the club needs to prove we are a 'big club' by playing great football and sit top 5-6, then players will start to buy into the dream... until then, im afraid most epl clubs can wave cash at players this summer

Really rate the lad but that kind of fee is astronomical. To think we might not make a profit if he was Stone's replacement is mental, assuming the fees touted for John are accurate.

But at the end of the day I go to goodison to see footballers not profit margins, and I'd be over the moon if we signed this rather excellent CB.

never seen him play so can't judge of he's worth what is a ridiculous amount of money.

But splashing that amount on a supposed top drawer cb would certainly make folk sit up and take notice.

Still not convinced it's going to happen yet, regardless of how much we have to splash perhaps we are struggling a little to sell the vision. 2 11th placed finishes isn't exactly going to fill a potential top bracket player with confidence is it.

Time will tell I guess.

good point, just alot of money for one cb. i always worry about players that have never played in england. look at mangala at city for example, he was going to be the leagues best cb, still can be, but the pressure of the epl is huge compared to playing for porto, especially when your the most expensive cb ever. goodison isnt a stadium clubs fear anymore, and it starts at the back. 2 solid proven cbs... but you are right, sign the best, im just still adjusting to the new money/doubting its going to change much this transfer window... i think the club needs to prove we are a 'big club' by playing great football and sit top 5-6, then players will start to buy into the dream... until then, im afraid most epl clubs can wave cash at players this summer

This chap is worth watching mate hes that good...will be amazing in our league

is christopher sama still available? qpr spent a ton on him but never lived up despite blackburn getting the best of him

I like the way some people are saying get rid of Stones we can find good centre halves for a lot cheaper but then willing to break our transfer record on another defender. Never seen him play or heard of him myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back